Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all does anyone have a tutorial or a link to one regarding refilling the dpf fluid and resetting the counter on a 1.6hdi 2013 with what ill need to purchase to get this done.

Thanks in advance Dave.

·
9,665 Posts
You may have a tank or a bag it dependent on model etc. If its a bag is a straight swap over and reset.

If it has a tank you need to read remaining fluid level with diagbox, then top up with the correct fluid, hose connector colour is the ID for fluid (i would expect a light plug tab which requires Powerflex fluid).

The bag or tank are located in front of the left rear wheel under a cover, Bag just plugs in tank you will see a approx 10mm hose and push fit connector that you disconnect and connect the filling kit to.

You need to work out the correct amount,diagbox/planet shows the tank capacity and you just subtract was is left in the tank to get the top up value. Do not fill to overflowing (as if like my DS it will take the best part of a litre more than needed) as there is no level sensor so it will says its runout again when it thinks the normal volume has been used even if you have put extra in.

The easiest way to reset counters is to use the maintenance option in diagbox and select additive refill and follow the instructions. You can do it via engine or additive ECU options but dependant on ECU the options can move around

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have a tank or a bag it dependent on model etc. If its a bag is a straight swap over and reset.

If it has a tank you need to read remaining fluid level with diagbox, then top up with the correct fluid, hose connector colour is the ID for fluid (i would expect a light plug tab which requires Powerflex fluid).

The bag or tank are located in front of the left rear wheel under a cover, Bag just plugs in tank you will see a approx 10mm hose and push fit connector that you disconnect and connect the filling kit to.

You need to work out the correct amount,diagbox/planet shows the tank capacity and you just subtract was is left in the tank to get the top up value. Do not fill to overflowing (as if like my DS it will take the best part of a litre more than needed) as there is no level sensor so it will says its runout again when it thinks the normal volume has been used even if you have put extra in.

The easiest way to reset counters is to use the maintenance option in diagbox and select additive refill and follow the instructions. You can do it via engine or additive ECU options but dependant on ECU the options can move around
Which diagbox should I get as there are a few on ebay?

·
9,665 Posts
Most work if they are full chip there is a thread on the forum. I got a cheap £39 one as a backup when my unit started miss behaving and it works fine

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most work if they are full chip there is a thread on the forum. I got a cheap £39 one as a backup when my unit started miss behaving and it works fine

This is what mine looks like I'm assuming its a tank that will need to be refilled. Will it just be powerflex fluid for this and how do i refill it?
Thanks in advance.

·
9,665 Posts
You disconnect the connector with the blue tab. insert the filling pipe supplied in the kit into the connector and add the amount of fluid needed reconnect the hose and reset the counters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.