Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've just got a 308 with the optional Lincancabur 18" alloys and have got major problems with the suspension crashing and banging over even the slightest bump. The ride is pretty hard (which I expected as the tyres are really low profile) but if I go over a pothole or speedbump the bang is unbelievable. Even my wife's little Fiat Panda is so much softer! Does anyone know if this is normal? Is it what Peugeot would call a 'characteristic'? It's bloody uncomfortable!!

C

·
0 Posts
It's normal on the 308 with 18s, and is why I went for 17s on mine (and it's still the frim side of comfy on those). Bang, crash, goodbye kindeys.

It's not just a pug thing - 3 series bimmers with 18s are intolerable, as was the Fucus Sanitary Towel I was driving yesterday.

It is a charachteristic of having a sporty set up, and I'm surprised you never noticed it on the test drive as it's very apparent. On the plus side, it's a superb handling arrangement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that-I noticed it was on the firm side but clearly managed to avoid any major holes or bumps until after I'd bought it! Goes round corners like it's on rails though!

C

·
0 Posts
Aye, a superb chassis and brakes. It's as good as any rival and it irks me that pug aren't advertising and marketing it properly. They got a winner, and no one knows about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts