Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil and filter today, was told 5.2 litres would do. After adding that amount there was nothing on the dipstick, car was level no leaks from sump plug or filter housing????? had to put another litre in to get near the top mark of the dipstick. took it for a good spin no leaks anywhere, everything ok. oh, should have said its a 59 plate 140bhp.

any ideas

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased a drain tray/can which had a capacity of 6l, it fill that up. Had a look at Peugeot docbackup and that says as you say 5.25l and 2l between dipstick marks. I know the engine changed on the 2.0l diesel in 2010 from the 140 to the 163.

All in all you have to go by the dipstick, that took over 6l.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I purchased a drain tray/can which had a capacity of 6l, it fill that up. Had a look at Peugeot docbackup and that says as you say 5.25l and 2l between dipstick marks. I know the engine changed on the 2.0l diesel in 2010 from the 140 to the 163.

All in all you have to go by the dipstick, that took over 6l.

on a vectra c facelift 2006 2.2 direct (155hp) the oil has to be in the middle of the dipstick (between the marks ) that's its oil level that's 5.0 litres dead on

so me personally you may have over filled it :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its about 1/8 inch below max on the dipstick. ok me thinks. have checked a couple of times, done a few miles now all, level hasn't moved.

I wonder what the difference is between the 140bhp engine pre 2010 2.0hdi and the 163bhp after 2010??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts