Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Brand new to the site. A very handy little tool to have for any problems. I am looking to change the discs and pads on my 308 1.6 vti. When using online search for parts it’s bringing up different options of braking systems ie trw, bos, and ate? I’m no mechanic and I have no idea which brakes to purchase?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated ??. Once again it’s a 308 1.6 vti 58 plate. Tia

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you can see the brakes through the wheel you need to look for a manufacturer name on the calliper, carrier or brake pads/discs but if you can't see anything or aren't sure give your local Peugeot parts department a ring and ask them what comes up on their system, should be more accurate then an aftermarket parts catalogue although the parts supplied are in most cases of no less quality sometimes even made by the same manufacturer that supplies Peugeot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can see the brakes through the wheel you need to look for a manufacturer name on the calliper, carrier or brake pads/discs but if you can't see anything or aren't sure give your local Peugeot parts department a ring and ask them what comes up on their system, should be more accurate then an aftermarket parts catalogue although the parts supplied are in most cases of no less quality sometimes even made by the same manufacturer that supplies Peugeot.
Thanks for that bud. Appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts