Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just took my 308 for mot and failed mot on brake lights i have checked all the bulbs and replaced them with new i have also checked the brake switch under glove box and changed that with another car i have also 308 known working the switches work in both cars and all bulbs are working can someone please help has need the car for work

·
2,612 Posts
Hi...check the multi plug on the back of the light unit and bridge out the brake light connection to check.
ps..your duplicate post on another thread has been deleated...

ps...have you checked the fuses?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi thanks for replies i i checked all the fuses in glove box and also under bonnet all ok switch tried in another car working fine bulbs all checked new 1s put in will do a bsi reset after dinner and get back to you thanks for help

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi i have done a bsi reset and still no brake lights but what i have noticed is that the car does not remind me that i have left my key in the ignition when door is open my other 308 beeps when key in and door open ???? doing my head in need the car for work but no mot till brake lights fixed any more things i can do bridged the back light where bulbs is the brake light bulb comes on each side only when bridged both or 1 at a time when bridge them but no centre brake light has soon has i unbridge the wires no light so i am up to no power getting from front to back i think ????

it is a peugeot 308 1.4 petrol 2009 is there a way to test the plug which goes on the switch 4/5 wires green plug under glove box

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi i have done a bsi reset and still no brake lights but what i have noticed is that the car does not remind me that i have left my key in the ignition when door is open my other 308 beeps when key in and door open ???? doing my head in need the car for work but no mot till brake lights fixed any more things i can do bridged the back light where bulbs is the brake light bulb comes on each side only when bridged both or 1 at a time when bridge them but no centre brake light has soon has i unbridge the wires no light so i am up to no power getting from front to back i think ????

it is a peugeot 308 1.4 petrol 2009 is there a way to test the plug which goes on the switch 4/5 wires green plug under glove box
My rear 2 brake lights turned out to be the earth wire on just the right hand side was broken off the connector block, although the 3rd brake light was still working, I worked around it, by drilling a hole internal into the bodywork, and sanding it slightly to bear metal, just a tiny hole, then screw a wire into that hole, then solder it directly to the grid thingy that houses the blubs, all earths in the car lead to the bodywork anyway.

Another thing to try, and this is a mistake I also made, sometimes its the simple things, make sure you have dual element bulbs in the brake light connector, mine is the upper most connector for brake lights, 1.6 2008 petrol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My rear 2 brake lights turned out to be the earth wire on just the right hand side was broken off the connector block, although the 3rd brake light was still working, I worked around it, by drilling a hole internal into the bodywork, and sanding it slightly to bear metal, just a tiny hole, then screw a wire into that hole, then solder it directly to the grid thingy that houses the blubs, all earths in the car lead to the bodywork anyway.

Another thing to try, and this is a mistake I also made, sometimes its the simple things, make sure you have dual element bulbs in the brake light connector, mine is the upper most connector for brake lights, 1.6 2008 petrol.
thanks for reply i am going to send a wire straight from the battery to the earth on the tracks in bulb holder see what happens and no the middle brake light is not working
head banging time

·
5,997 Posts
Some versions have a small link harness from the brake switch to the main harness it can become disconnected from the main harness end when changing the brake switch, so worth a look

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some versions have a small link harness from the brake switch to the main harness it can become disconnected from the main harness end when changing the brake switch, so worth a look
hi mate been onit again for afew hours today took glove box out checked all wires around fuse box all look nice and tight no damage all bulbs checked again in another car and switch all workin ok on other car..

all the other lights work on the car just no brake lights at all tested everything any more ideas also tried earth lead straight from battery to bulb holder earth track nothing but must be earthed with other lights working has should
???????????

·
5,997 Posts
Have you had the cars codes read, the under bonnet fuse box could be the fault as lights are "switched" by the fuse box, these do fail (from water ingress or other fault) and log fault codes

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you had the cars codes read, the under bonnet fuse box could be the fault as lights are "switched" by the fuse box, these do fail (from water ingress or other fault) and log fault codes
all the lights are working just no brake lights every other light is working has should

looks like my only opition is to send live feed to switch then a new wire from there to back lights brake light track and bridge to either side then will work would like to find the fault but can not

·
5,997 Posts
Other lights and systems may not be affected the engine bay fuse box is "smart" it has multiple internal relays and other systems to control circuits as part of the CAN bus system and they are affected badly by water ingress and being spiked by HID kits etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Other lights and systems may not be affected the engine bay fuse box is "smart" it has multiple internal relays and other systems to control circuits as part of the CAN bus system and they are affected badly by water ingress and being spiked by HID kits etc.
i have tried all the fuses in the engine bay box there is a few relays but none are clicking when brakes pedle pressed are any of these for the brakes ?

going to test everything again tomorrow going to unplug and plug everything back in see if that does anything but if not my last chance will be put the live wire from a fuse to switch and then run it to brake lights

sorry for late reply been at work all night thanks for replying

really stuck here i also have peugeot planet put when i try and connect it says can not connect to car so i can not read a global test works ok on other car so is not planet

i have noticed when i do the bsi reset the key starts to work ie unlock and lock the doors put if leave it for abit will not open of the remote like it forgets put i am still able to start and drive the car radio date and time stay on so it remembers them put not the key for opening doors

it still does not beep when key is in and drivers door open to remind me that the key is in

·
Registered
96 Posts
still had no luck with this car still not working how hard can it be to get these to work
Just a shot in the dark, do you have the brake light switch in situ ?

The only reason I ask is with a previous car I had, the brake light switch broke, it was a ford with the switch directly behind the brake pedal, so I brought a brand new one, only £10 from a ford dealership, I connected it up in their car park, took it back in and told them its not working, so they gave me another, same again, connected the wiring plug and pressed the button, still no brake lights, so took that one back in, after some discussion, they told me it actually has to be fitted into position / in its holding bracket behind the brake pedal for it to work, and hey presto, that sorted it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a shot in the dark, do you have the brake light switch in situ ?

The only reason I ask is with a previous car I had, the brake light switch broke, it was a ford with the switch directly behind the brake pedal, so I brought a brand new one, only £10 from a ford dealership, I connected it up in their car park, took it back in and told them its not working, so they gave me another, same again, connected the wiring plug and pressed the button, still no brake lights, so took that one back in, after some discussion, they told me it actually has to be fitted into position / in its holding bracket behind the brake pedal for it to work, and hey presto, that sorted it.
i really hope this works will be giving it a try tomorrow not sure if we have tried it in place but think we have i know it works either in or out on the other car i have fingers crossed will get back to you either way just going work now

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
still no joy with these brake lights at all took bsi out today to see if any wires was loose and not a 1 just plugging back now anything else i can do ???????????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts