Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 308 se on a 58 plate and was wondering if it's possible to turn on the bluetooth? are there any additional parts that i could buy to get it working as i would really like this. thanks
:lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Waste of time. Bluetooth ecu needed and wiring loom. Cheaper to fit an aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i'll try fit one of those then.
just out of interest has anybody managed to get the bluetooth working and if so is it costly?

·
Registered
11 Posts
308 Bluetooth

Hi,

Told by the dealer it is impossible!

Bought the ECU (not cheap) the correct plug for the ECU, the appropriate contacts for the plug and the mike. Was lucky, my 08 plate had the cable running down the 'A' post fitted and after some additions to the wiring (including twisting the mike leads to form a 'twisted pair') fitted the ECU behind the radio. Also needed to add the connections the the Radio plug I think (bit hazy - it was some time ago - but if you are interested I will look for the information I have).

Then added the ECU and set the Radio to accept the input, with PP2000, and it all works - displaying on the car display. Much better than Parrot, but not easy or cheap.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Bought the ECU (not cheap) the correct plug for the ECU, the appropriate contacts for the plug and the mike. Was lucky, my 08 plate had the cable running down the 'A' post fitted and after some additions to the wiring (including twisting the mike leads to form a 'twisted pair') fitted the ECU behind the radio. Also needed to add the connections the the Radio plug I think (bit hazy - it was some time ago - but if you are interested I will look for the information I have).

Then added the ECU and set the Radio to accept the input, with PP2000, and it all works - displaying on the car display. Much better than Parrot, but not easy or cheap.
Im glad I never said it was impossible. Anything can be done with money to burnn!

·
Registered
11 Posts
308 Bluetooth

Total Cost of parts - about £275 in 2010 (which included, microphone 6563HS and 10 plug housings, 6541H9, and pin connectors 6542WY for the connection to the ECU - they both come in packs of 10), plus a few lengths of wire and a bit of work (which I accept would probably make Dealer fitting uneconomic) - don't know how this compares with the Parrot.

I was even able to avoid cutting into any car wiring, because I was fitting a powered GPS mount at the same time and fitted a cable with linked Male and Female Radio plugs to enable me to pick up the power connection and CAN bus conections.

Plus, I was never completely happy with the Parrot unit in a previous car (finding somewhere convenient to put it was probably the worst problem) and using the Car Display and Steering Column controls must be easier.

Only problem I have now is getting the Rear parking Sensors to stop working when I connect a Trailer, any help gratefully received, but that is another thread...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

WHere did you find the plug and wiring formthe bluetooth ecu?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just do as I did and replace the Peugeot radio (RD4) with a Peugeot RD45 radio.
This model has bluetooth and USB connections for Ipods or MP3 playback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts