Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the battery from my 1.6 hdi to charge it.1st question how do I get to the negative terminal.2nd question if I use a memory saver via a second battery would this avoid the use of the 3minute rule.Final question how do you remove the cover with the wiring board on top of the battery.Thanks for any reply

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pm me your chassis number and I will email you the repair procedure for battery removal ... And why won't you just do the 3 minute rule it's simple and safe and recommended by the manufacture to prevent damage to the vehicle :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for the reply.Have found this blog on the net which shows you step by step procedure for battery removal,also oil filter removal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all
Just tried to remove battery on my 2012 308 .Used the 3 minute rule ,but can't
get the fuse module off the top of the battery.The side clips come away no problem,but it seems to be held on the front and i can't see where.Any suggestions.Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all
Update on battery removal.Managed to get fuse module off battery ,it just slides upwards off a clip.Struggled a bit with battery cover,until I realized you
have to pull it upwards as it clips on 2 lugs.Have now fitted my Ctek comfort
indicator on to battery,so battery can now be charged easily if needed.Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all
Update on battery removal.The fuse module on top of the battery is held at the front by a small clip ,just pull it forward and upward,and it should come off.The battery cover is held by two clips either side of the battery.These just pull upwards.Once cover is removed the hold down clamp can be unbolted,then battery can be pulled forward,and negative cable can be removed.Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Managed to get fuse module off battery ,it just slides upwards off a clip...
Hi. I'm also having problems with this (on a 3008, should be similar).

Despite your instructions, I cannot find a way to slide it upwards.

I also fairly quick clipped of the clip at the side (with a flathead screwdriver), However, there's very little give at the front. It feels like it's rooted at 2 points and will not slide upwards, even though I've trying applying a lot of force (short of breaking the whole unit).

Would you be able to give any more advice please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car Peugeot 308 Model 2009 (Auto Gear) while replacing the battery I totally disconnected the battery wires without giving extra power support to its computer.
After replacing the battery car started ok but gear shaft is stuck and not moving to other positions. Kindly help me to resolve this issue.
Is it true that we must keep the car computer system intact with extra power supply while changing the main battery?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts