Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, dont know where to post this so thought would post it here.

I got a brand new 308 hdi 1.6 auto in may, and since then i have had nothing but trouble with it, phoned the garage they cant get me in till next week so thought i would post here and see if anyone has a clue what could be wrong.

First non gearbox issues
1. There seems to be a rattling noise in the exhaust system.
2. Rad fan has come on a few times after stopping the car and switching it off, the fan continues, checked engine temp its say its fine and it was cool outside.

Gearbox issues
1. When coming to a stop on an incline, when setting off from incline to flat the car seems to jerk and like briefly stop and the car seems to get confused as to what gear to go into.
2. Since its been warm out when driving along the car seems to just start stuttering/jerking for no reason what so ever.
3. S button, i only use it if at traffic lights or whatever, from a stop position, when setting off car goes fine then after a few secs car jerks/stutters, whines and doesnt have a clue which gear to go into, like it get confused.

Anyone have any ideas? to me i think their is an issue with gearbox.

C

·
0 Posts
If they can't On the one hand, I can see that it's not the dealers fault they're busy. On the other, its not you fault either and you shouldn't be lumbered with a partially drievable car for 2 week. Phone pug HQ and tear a strip off them, tell them if its not in a dealers workshop inside of 48hrs then you'll be contacting the finance company to reject the vehicle. If they don't play ball reject it as unsafe to drive and the finance firm have to refund you or replace it.

I would get straight to the heart of the issue (ie, new car, Sale of Goods Act, unfit for purpose) and hit hard. Don't even waste time asking our mechanical opinion on this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi,
i purchased my car in september and i have been having exactly the same problems, its been in to day and they done one of those silly down loads, low and behold its doing exactly the same thing but seems to have got worse. even when pulling out at junctions and roundabouts it shudders like its fighting for fuel and doesnt seem to be selecting the correct gears. there going to ring me tomorrow as i need my car daily and they dnt have an automatic courtesy car.
this is about the 3rd time its been back for the same thing, i will keep you informed if i find anything out about whats causing it.
i personally think its dangerous to drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
they said the computer needed updating as it wasnt feeding the correct information to injecters, its a 60 plate and its done 12000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
noise problems - sounds like exhaust issue

Hi,

Have got the same issue - was the problem solved by re-programming the computer or other actions? Mine went to the dealer 6 times, with no any problem definition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
308 Auto Hdi Problems

hi there,
they sed they upgraded the software because the injectors werent putting the right amount of fuel in when it should. it was fine for a bit but it has started doing the same thing again, it judders when driving and also as you go to pull off at a roundabout or junction it doesnt go anywere unless you put ya foot down hard on the accelorator . its due a service nxt month so i will metion it to them again it gettin beyond a joke now .:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for relply! Interesting, besides the noise, I also have this issue with "power" - and really, if you do not push hard, the car is not going... It will very nice of you to keep me updated about your service results...

·
Registered
5 Posts
ahh well here we go again, car been in last week for 25000 mile service, was still having problems up till then and now they got worse, seem to be juddering forward from stopping at lights, junctions etc and then all of a sudden selects 2nd gear and jumps forward at high speed, thus causing my daughter to rear end another car. oops definately not happy with this anymore. will need to contact dealership.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I know these vehicles had injector programming problems. Best have it checked for engine and autobox ecu upgrades

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine is a THP 1.6 Turbo with 4 speed auto....I dont have problems with it & never use the winter or sport buttons . I just find 1st a little low for an automatic....

·
Registered
3 Posts
308 Automatic Gear box issues

I just got this 18k miles car from a friend that bought from new. He has a full service history from a dealership locally. They are telling me now its out of warranty. (2008)
When cold the car is so slow. The gearbox selector seems to be struggling. It jecks and sometimes it comes up with faulty Auto gearbox.
Water enters the rear doors. So much that you can fill the water movement while driving
What do I do now?
Worst car I have ever used.

C

·
0 Posts
What do I do now.
1. Pay to get it fixed as it's several year out of warranty. It is a low miler - which can be as bad as high miles if the car isn't stored and serviced accordingly - so you can try approaching PSA for a contribution. However, if it doesn't have a complete and up-to-date full dealer history you can forget it.

2. Kick your 'friend' in the balls.

3. Next time you buy a car properly test drive it and have it professionally inspected. You wouldnt buy a house without a survey, so why make your 2nd biggest purchase without one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bad Gear box

They have serviced the car from new. It has a full service history from Peugeot.
That's why I am going to take it up with them. Its a car used as a holiday car for them. Hence the very low miles

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
1. Pay to get it fixed as it's several year out of warranty. It is a low miler - which can be as bad as high miles if the car isn't stored and serviced accordingly - so you can try approaching PSA for a contribution. However, if it doesn't have a complete and up-to-date full dealer history you can forget it.

2. Kick your 'friend' in the balls.

3. Next time you buy a car properly test drive it and have it professionally inspected. You wouldnt buy a house without a survey, so why make your 2nd biggest purchase without one?
Point 2 agree friend what friend they must have known door seals would not keep water out

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

C

·
0 Posts
They have serviced the car from new. It has a full service history from Peugeot.
That's why I am going to take it up with them. Its a car used as a holiday car for them. Hence the very low miles
Ask the question then. I suspect at 2 year out of warranty on a now 5 year old car (when the average UK registered car.survive a only 8 years) they'll tell to to formulate away kn the basis that the previois owner had 2 years to sort this out and couldn't be arsed. But hell, you might get lucky and if you don't you're only down one email.

Personally I would fanny about with dreaming - resolving the situation is the end game, not relying on a fantasy that the tooth fairy has taken a job at PSA. I'd get a quote to fix the faults, then you're in a position to make an informed decision whether to fix it and move on in life, or cut your losses and punt it on to some other poor schmuck who won't have it inspects prior to purchase.

Auction is the disposal method most likely to succeed, though will bring the minimum profit. You could px it at a dealer and dispose of it that way - a car that age they'll send up the block so almost certainly won't bother inspecting it. You could sell it privately, but risk some Phil Mitchell type turning up at your door to have a friendly chat.

Bottom line is you're gonna take a hit. Time to get businesslike and decide the best method for minimising that loss and getting out, and then remaining business like when you buy your next car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bad Gear box

My friend just told me this problem of water in back doors existed from day one!
But because it was parked in the garage, it was not an issue.
I Would start with the dealership today. I would make them check the gearbox.
Maybe part exchange would be my option. Would update you guys and thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts