Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Just bought a 308 and the alarm randomly started going off. It wouldn't stop with key or wouldn't stop when I started ignition. Can anyone shed any light please. Tried to Google but nothing productive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the car since yesterday and it's a 14 plate. I've got 3 month warrenty with it. I started the car whilst the alarm was going off and it was still going off with engine running

·
Registered
979 Posts
Contact the vendor immediately. If you try a few things yourself first then that could be an escape clause for them to refuse to fix it.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Wot he says, don't mess with it, go back to the vendor. Remember any fault appearing within the first 6 months is deemed to have been there at the point of sale unless the vendor can prove otherwise. So it is down to him to fix.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My alarm was going off every couple of minutes and central locking would stop working too on my Peugeot 308cc (Year 2009). i checked the bonnet switch and this looked fine. It was down to the Shunt Fuse being in the parking position (saving power if your going on a holiday for a week or 2) instead of the client position. Changed fuse to "Client" position. Also would lose the capability of unlocking the car via the remote after 10 mins as well as resetting the date back to 2007. I bought the car for repairs and this was one of the faults that was resolved.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts