Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the most recent 308 last weekend and am extremely disappointed with the built-in sat nav - am now thinking that I will just use my old TomTom instead because the Peugot one is, I find, terrible. What a waste of money and am disgusted that Peugeot could sell such an item.:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got the most recent 308 last weekend and am extremely disappointed with the built-in sat nav - am now thinking that I will just use my old TomTom instead because the Peugot one is, I find, terrible. What a waste of money and am disgusted that Peugeot could sell such an item.:mad:
What exactly is it you don't like about it?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Is it the new 308 T9?

The sat nav in this car is the best in-car sat nav I have ever used? It has Traffic Updates, speed cameras, POI's, Lane Guidance, Street Names... The list goes on!

What problems are you having with it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Satnav not user friendly

I have 2013 plate 208 with built in sat a i bought the car 6 months ago ... I cannot seem to delete the previous owners addresses that are in the sat nav nor can I put any of my own in it yes I'm blonde but not a techno-phobe but this thing might just be ripped out and replaced with a nice mirror I would have more use :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
A google found a previous post with these instructions by Felineowner

If you make sure the Satellite Navigation screen on showing the map

Press the Settings button on the right side of the touchscreen

Press for secondary menu screen.

Press the System Settings button.

Press Delete Data button

A column of boxes comes up with a list of items you can tick to delete (tick as required)

Press the Delete button.

Operation is then complete.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Can't comment on the new 308 satnav as I've never experienced it myself but the nav in my 2011 308 is as good as tomtom apart from not being able to use full postcodes. That for me isn't a deal breaker as I've lost count of the times tomtom has taken me to the wrong place after relying on the postcode as the destination entry.

I suspect most people don't care for the in car navigation systems purely because they aren't like the GPS device they are used to using be it Garmin, TomTom or any other manufacturer. I used a TomTom for years and found it took some time to get used to the built in nav but now I find it more reliable and the 2015-2 map is pretty much up to date. Looking forward to getting the 2016-1 map as it becomes available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts