Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , my 308 had the depollution fault showing , i was advised to change the plugs , battery and clean the O2 Sensor, i did and a day after changing the battery car was driving fine until next morning it could not start and was going into Economy mode after few minutes. I did the BSI reset and still car not starting, checked fuses all seems OK.
It just cranks and there is smell of fuel, after checking plugs there is no sign of fuel on them they are so dry?

Please assist.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have just the same thing with mine I read in google that someone broke down and the aa man just put jump leads on and kept turning it over and it started I know peugeots don't like jump leads put I had nothing to lose has needed my car working so tried it and after about 5 mins of trying and nothing just when was giving up it started and runs ok no lights or anything hope it works for you but try at your own risk

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The keep turning till it starts works if the engine has been overchoked and the plugs are too wet to start. What you should do is floor the accelerator and then crank (cuts off fuel injection). It uses the engine as an air pump to dry the plugs and then it starts to "catch". When it does, release the accelerator but keep cranking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts