Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks. I need some help. When did fitting an aftermarket stereo become such a ball-ache?!?

Anyway. I have a 308 and a nice Pioneer double din stereo but on removing the original stereo I found a "frame" which divides the double din space into 2 single din openings for the original stereo and a pocket.

Is there any way of changing out the "frame" so I can refit the original stereo when selling the car?

Hopefully someone will know what I'm on about.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I assume you have read up on all the other pitfalls of fitting aftermarket radios cutting the frame is just 1 of many potential problems.

The frame as you call it is non essential even for original radio so just cut the crossbar out it cant be replaced though its part of the dash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.

I must admit that I haven't really seen anything too negative.

Would you be able to give me any hints/tips or advice on what pitfalls to avoid?

Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the help.

I must admit that I haven't really seen anything too negative.

Would you be able to give me any hints/tips or advice on what pitfalls to avoid?

Cheers, Jeff
The need for a aftermarket kit to wire it up. Don't know if the 308 has a screen on the dash. These often stop working without the correct adapter.
Reversing sensors/steering radio controls.
Some pioneer also require wiring to the handbrake (or a adapter to fool it) if they have a video function.

Having said that I have had one fitted and it's great...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice guys.

Gibbo - Thanks. I do need a new fascia but that's not what I meant by the "frame". How much did you want for it?

I've attached an image (not sure why it's rotated????) in which you can see the "frame" (I wish I had a better name for it :confused:) that splits the double din hole into 2 single din sized holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would cut it flush then save the bar.
You will then be able to stick it back in place if you remove the D/Din stereo later on and be able to reuse the old stereo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would cut it flush then save the bar.
You will then be able to stick it back in place if you remove the D/Din stereo later on and be able to reuse the old stereo.
Thanks mate. That seems to be the best option! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts