Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've a 2010 Peugeot 308 SW with the 2.0 136bhp engine fitted

The other day whilst driving, a message came up on the display regarding particle filter level low

We plan on keeping this car a good few years, so I'd like to remove the DPF, the cat and the EGR - I realise I'll need to get this mapped out

- Can anyone recommend a 'mapper'? I'm in Northern Ireland

- Can you buy a 'decat' pipe?

- Can you buy pipework to replace the DPF?

- Can you buy a EGR delete kit as such?

Thanks in advance:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
1,742 Posts
Whereabouts are you? Autotune in Ballymena are well regarded mappers. There's also a guy just outside Mallusk but I don't know much about him.

Autotune used to be able to supply all pipes and fittings but not sure if they still do.

Also, I'll say this before someone else does, it is illegal to remove the DPF and with the new mot rules, an automatic fail. So going with that, if you do decide to go down that route, you need to either stick the dpf on for test day, or gut it out. Obviously we disapprove of any of these options round here, unless of course your car is for 'off road use' only. :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm lead to believe gutting the DPF will still fail MOT.
as long as they can see nothing, the new mot test due in soon only really affects 2008 and newer cars ,the emission test is stricter, pre 2008 only have to comply with the original manufacturers emmisions which are a lot higher, luckily on my 307sw 136bhp, the dpf and cat unbolt so i could drill it out with no visible signs, Hdi tuning on here(somewhere and on ebay) do a very fast postal remap if you do your own exhaust mod...
copy from new regs.....

Compression ignition engines (diesel)
Before starting the test, ascertain the maximum smoke level limit for the vehicle and enter the required details into the diesel smoke meter.
This will be:
a.
for vehicles first used before 1 July 2008
not more than the level specified on the manufacture’s plate, or where no value displayed:
1.for a non turbocharged engine not more than 2.5m
2:for a turbocharged enginenot more than 3.0m

b.
for vehicles first used on or after 1 July 2008 not more than the level specified on the manufacture’s plate, or 1.5m where no value displayed.
c.
for vehicles first used on or after 1 January 2014 not more than the level specified on the manufacture’s plate, or 0.7m where no value displayed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
dont disagree with that, but as i said theres no visible opening up and rewelding on my 307sw,, the cat and dpf are bolted together ,so unbolt ,drill out, rebolt and no physical/visual checking will be able to detect the partial lack of internals on dpf .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts