Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can anyone help.

I have a 308 1.6hdi 2008 automatic.
It has developed a violent judder upon acceleration from a stop and also I hear a click from the glove compartment while cruising along then the car starts to judder (or misfire) as I’m driving. I then hear the click again and the judder goes away.
I confirm that the EGR valve has been deleted so it’s not this.
I have changed the gearbox oil and checked for vacume leaks. New fuel filter, new air filter and have changed all engine and gearbox mounts. But still the judder is present.

I have had a diagnosis that reveals a code p1351 glow plug relay.

If this is the issue I can’t understand as it has no problem starting on cold mornings and I do not see how this would cause a juddering upon acceleration.

The issue still occurs when the engine is fully warm.

I would give a medal to anyone who can help as its completely doing my nut in. :)

Cheers guys

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Could be that it is trying to do a regen and is struggling to complete it due to the glow plugs not working...?

I had a 407 that used to have a noticeable regen process much like you describe, also had the p1351 error code [which I ignored at first as it crops up in most diagnoses of HDi's for some reason]. I then did a full analysis and found all 4 glow plugs were dead, replaced them and then the regen process went smoothly, no hesitation/power loss etc.

Was your diagnosis done with Diagbox/PP2000? If not, get it done and get some live readings and check on the state of the whole dpf system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
308 juddering

Thankyou for your reply.

Do you know if all garages at capable of this diagnostics? (Diagbox pp2000) or is this only
A main dealer service?

And yes there is also a loss of power when this happens.

I’ll give it a shot :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You dont say where you are.

You could try the MAP to see if there is anybody on the forum near you willing to do a diagnostic for you. Or you could buy yourself a Lexia kit off ebay and do it yourself. Or get thoroughly robbed by the $tealer...

To be able to send PM, you can get your post count up HERE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts