Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
308 GT 1.6 200bhp, petrol, 60 plate, 27,000 miles.
I have the above car and the car has now lost power and only revs to about 3.5k rpm and sounds like a boy racer but isn't accelerating fast at all!! The display shows 'Engine management system faulty' and 'Anti pollution system faulty'.
The car is not in limp mode, just no power.
I have taken my car to local garage twice and they don't know what is wrong. apparently it has conflicting fault codes of low pressure and high pressure?
They said the next step would be to look at the cam belt / chain, just to look would be around £250.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks Craig

·
Registered
101 Posts
i am sure this has been said a thousand times before . a generic scanner will give the wrong fault codes , it needs peugeot planit/diagbox run on it to diagnose correctly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, it looks mind boggling all the possible problems. I'm guessing it will be the cam or tensioners. Any more advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
308 1.6 petrol 200hp - Lost power

I also run a GT (10 plate) but twice the mileage. Not sure if this helps but last week I had the same anti-pollution system faulty, engine management lights along with restricted revs/power whilst on a motorway. No limp mode initially but by the time I got to the dealer it wouldn't rev over 2k rpm.

Was told by the dealer that these warning lights cover a long list of potential faults and feared that this was going to be serious based on information documented about this engine.

Thankfully it turned out to be an exhaust cam dephaser solenoid which was replaced under warranty and everything is now running ok.

The car has been reasonably reliable with only a fuel pump replaced so far but glad I took out an extended warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also run a 2010 with 27000 on clock when I picked my car up from garage I got a mile down the road and car did same as you described wouldn't go over 2000 rev an went into limp mode an had anti pollution vault an it turned out to be a cam sensor.

My best advise is take it to a peugeot dealer as these engines have so many sensors. Hope that helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts