Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Had a 308 1.6hdi sport since April last year, noticed over the last 4-5 months soot appearing round the top/side of the turbo casing, visited the dealer for a routine service and asked the question and had them look at it, they were non-commital as regards to a problem and they tightened a clamp where they thought the leak was. This didn't solve it and once again had it looked at by the dealer, also explaining that if I rev the engine with the bonnet up, you can see soot blow from the turbo into the air. they had it back and had another look, after a month the soot is settling on more and more of the engine. It bothers me, should I be worried? Peugoet warranty runs out soon so would like to know if i'm heading towards problems.http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

BTW the car pulls well.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2005 307 110 fap is leaking where the varible vane actuator shaft goes into the turbo, so far it has not got ant worse in ages, But if it fails it is a min £500 for new turbo. So my advice is to get it replaced ASAP under waranty as they will not want to know you when warranty expires. Go to different dealer if necessary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Rib, 3 times at least they have looked at it now, along with a few other problems, they're just paying me lip service I think, will go to another dealer, let them look at it.

Could this be true about warranty repairs, especially those that may take a few hours, are they avoided by dealers if possible. Consider this: If for example Joe public pays for a repair, they are charged around £75 an hour, but if the garage has to claim from Peugeot for a warranty repair, I suspect Peugeot dictates how much the dealer will be paid for a particular job, I bet it's nowhere near £75 an hour and it will take weeks for the payment to come through whereas the punter has to pay immediately and at top whack.

Someone shoot me down if they want, it's just a hypothesis but I can't see another reason for this, I bet they will love to look at any problems I bring them when the warranty expires.

Rant over.

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
The dealers don't decide. They enter the date, miuleage, VIN into the online warranty thing on Pinley Houses' warranty admin department, select 1 of hundreds of click boxes from various drop down menus to describe the fault, and in most case get an almost immediate decision.

The dealers service department make most of their profit from warranty work, which is invariably paid on time and in full. If there's any way they could make something shady look like something warranty, they'll have your fingers off cos it's easy coin. however, if it's the other way round there's no way they will do the job if Pinley House haven't agreed to pay for it. They're a business, not a charidee.

If the dealer say's it's not warranty, you can be 99% sure they're being correct and truthful. It's not in their financial interest to turn you away if it is covered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
003.jpg

002.jpg Interesting comments, although they haven't turned me away, they have had the vehicle in and are not doing anything tangible (curing the leak). On the first attempt they told me they had tightened a clip/clamp, but that didn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Booked in for tomorrow 04/11, they have only promised to look at the leak, not fix it though, will have to see what they say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 1730

View attachment 1731 Interesting comments, although they haven't turned me away, they have had the vehicle in and are not doing anything tangible (curing the leak). On the first attempt they told me they had tightened a clip/clamp, but that didn't work.
Imnot a native english so dont shoot me. Now:
I will use the first picture as a guide for my "small" issue: i have carter leakes on that white thing from the upper part of the first picture. The thing between the casket with 1.6 hdi inscription and the tube from the turbine.
I understood that this ia a known "disease" of the 1.6 hdi engines and there isnt much to do. Despite this i would like to hear if there is a "cure" for this or at least if it affects in any way the engine.
Cheers, Ace

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They had it in again, said see how you get on with it. couple of weeks later took it back (a day before warranty expired) as still leaking and the booked in for further assesment. Subsequently after assesment car booked in for turbo strip down. Was told mating surfaces were inspected and found to have no defect, new gasket fitted and a type of liqued gasket used as well. that was 4 weeks ago. No fumes in cabin now and leak seems to be cured.

Now this:
Error message come up on dashboard LCD:

depollution system faulty.

Is this connected or coincidental to my previous problems? Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi iv got a 308 hdi sport the worst car ever turbo gone all injecters gone engine mounts gone the car is not even 4 years old only 38 th miles on clock what a bag of sh**

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
hi iv got a 308 hdi sport the worst car ever turbo gone all injecters gone engine mounts gone the car is not even 4 years old only 38 th miles on clock what a bag of sh**
Excellent first post mate , did you buy it new ? full warranty ? if not new did you get it AA/RAC checked ?

The Introductions thread is just slightly higher :nod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
no not from new only had it over a year and warranty run out going to cost 2500 to fix has anyone else had same problem

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
From what your saying , writing to Peugeot sometimes helps , they could pay 50% of that as a good will gesture if servicing was kept up to date through Peugeot , have you tried them?

C

·
0 Posts
If its such a piece of shite, and you so clever and all-knowing, then why did you buy it?

D

·
0 Posts
Turbo gone?
Post up your service history. If you don't have one or there are services missing then theres the reason the turbo is gone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oil leak

What would be the cause of oil leaking for back of engine could it be head gasket I have replaced injector washes and seals and cam cover gasket it's a Peugeot Partner 2011 1.6 hdi thanks pete

1 - 20 of 20 Posts