Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had a read around the forum to try and suss out the issue I have, but I'd be greatful for any input.

My 308 1.6 Hdi 2008 was going up a very steep Devon hill when suddenly the power dropped away and a whistling, whiring noise eminated from the front of the engine bay.

I pulled over and stopped the engine, there were no warning lights and no excessive temperature readings on the guage or any signs of excessive smoke.

I limped the few miles home very slowley and the car has been parked up since.

It starts and ticks over fine but has whistle coming from the turbo area and lack of power. Pulling the inlet tube from the turbo and looking inside the turbo seems intact, no chunks missing from the blades and it spins freely when flicked with a pencil!

I rang my mechanic and he sucked in air between his teeth and said that it sounds like a turbo issue and didn't want to touch it.

I've now got a car that cost me £1700 eight months ago and is essentially very tidy and highly specced but I'm wondering if I should just drive it to the scrap yard!

I've added a few videos where the noise can be heard.

videos and pictures

If anyone can advise on whether it's worth fixing or not I'd be grateful.

Many thanks

·
3,831 Posts
Hi...perhaps a closer look the the turbo boost pipes/looking for a split...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the garage it's definately the turbo about to self distruct! Probably looking at £800 to £1000 with no guarantee of a long lasting fix.

I think it will be going on Marketplace, spares or repair!

Gutted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts