Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i purchased my 2012 308 a month ago (30,000 miles) and was having recurrent problems with it kicking into limp mode. A generic fault was registering on the dashboard diagnostics but after re-starting the car the fault would clear and all was well again :confused:

Obviously this was not ideal when i travel 80 miles a day on the motorway :nono: so i returned it to the garage (none Peugeot) who ran diagnostics and couldn't find anything but did a forced regen. I knew this was not the problem and sure enough the issue was still there. I eventually got them to agree a diagnostic and repair by Peugeot who have just returned the car to me after a week. They were having problems relearning the ECU and updating the software. £1500 later i have a new ECU and thankfully not being stung with the bill.

I just want to know if anyone has had a similar experience? I love the car and im crossing my fingers the problem is fixed but im sceptical.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
i bought a car from a dealer in nz, i had the car transported to me across the other end of the north island. the very first time I drove it this exact fault happened to me! limp mode.... I had to drive it in limp mode to the nearest Peugeot garage, which is around an hour away. The dealer I bought it from claimed it was through misuse on my part. After a lengthy email argument he agreed to foot the $2000NZD repair.... close shave though, as I had no recourse under NZ's shit consumer protection laws....

luckily the same fault has not occurred since - 10,000 kms later!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts