Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
got a 308 1.4 petrol 2009 model Its not starting no spark , turns over twice then stops,
Have been told its the bsi , fitted a second hand one same numbers etc and still the same problem but now it says" Anti theft faulty" and doesn't lock /unlock on remote
Do I need to code the keys???, have tried the reboot steps but still the same issue
checked all fuses, ok
Don't have the code for the keys as bought car 2nd hand ,was told by scrap yard just fit like for like will have no problems

Any help for diagnostics
Thanks

·
4,031 Posts
Hi...search for "car wont start" there is a comprehensive procedure to help you that members have put together (in their own time) ...good luck

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Firstly, BSI does not control spark, so, whoever told you that is an idiot.

Secondly, BSI does control immobiliser, so you will need to reprogram your keys to the NEW bsi, so you will need the code from the car you got it from, NOT your car...

Suggest you put back your old bsi and then contact a member on the PP2000 map and get the car scanned to get an idea as to what may be causing your lack of spark/starting BEFORE going off on a part-replacing wild goose chase.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Firstly, BSI does not control spark, so, whoever told you that is an idiot.

Secondly, BSI does control immobiliser, so you will need to reprogram your keys to the NEW bsi, so you will need the code from the car you got it from, NOT your car...

Suggest you put back your old bsi and then contact a member on the PP2000 map and get the car scanned to get an idea as to what may be causing your lack of spark/starting BEFORE going off on a part-replacing wild goose chase.
you can not reprogram a second hand bsi without writing a virgin file to the bsi, this can not be done with planet!

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Hi guys
got a 308 1.4 petrol 2009 model Its not starting no spark , turns over twice then stops,
Have been told its the bsi , fitted a second hand one same numbers etc and still the same problem but now it says" Anti theft faulty" and doesn't lock /unlock on remote
Do I need to code the keys???, have tried the reboot steps but still the same issue
checked all fuses, ok
Don't have the code for the keys as bought car 2nd hand ,was told by scrap yard just fit like for like will have no problems

Any help for diagnostics
Thanks
put your old bsi back on because it is paired with your keys and your ecu

once your old bsi is back in then try start, after tring to start leave the key in the ignition but turn it off, open drivers door, does the car beep to say the key is still in ignition?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, put the old bsi back in and the key does beep when door open,I also seem to think its the immobliser as if its stopping you stealing it,,but no idea how to check it,
How do I find someone close to me in porttalbot with the pp2000 willing to help,
Is there an inertia switch on the vehicle hidden away???
Would the timming be out that can cause the problem???
without proper diagnostics I'm at a loss lol
thanks

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
EXACTLY without PROPER diagnostics you wont fix it listen to yourself !!

It is NOT the immobiliser if the key is beeping then the key is fine which means the immobiliser is fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts