Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with slight hesitation and pick up from cold start in the first 30 seconds -1 minute
I know if I start and the revs at idle are about 1200 rpm I will have the problem . Dip the clutch when driving and the revs are below 1000 rpm the problem disappears.
It is more noticeable in cooler temperatures as the revs at start up will stay longer at 1200 rpm.
Is this a faulty air flow temperature sensor or MAF sensor possibly. I don't have a diagnostic plug-in for codes yet. I was going to try and just clean the MAF sensor first.
How does the MAF come out and is the white dotted item temperature air flow sensor? There does not appear to be any clips to remove the air large pipe too the filter box or do you just screw the sensors some how without removing the pipe?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Could be the inlet valves coked up which is a common Puretech issue.

Mine had to be cleaned at 34k miles / 4 & half years old - Peugeot paid for it in the end.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the inlet valves coked up which is a common Puretech issue.

Mine had to be cleaned at 34k miles / 4 & half years old - Peugeot paid for it in the end.
Mine has 20,000 miles but is outside of warranty now 3 1/2 years old. I would of thought it would be a problem all the time if I had coked valves. Will have to do a bit more investigation as you say its a common issue. Interesting that Peugeot coughed up covered the cost you must be a lawyer .

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My 308 has a full Peugeot main dealer service history which may of helped.

The dealer also helped with speaking to Peugeot customer services.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts