Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here :)
I am currently driving a 308 2016 petrol 1.2 130Hp 6 speed Automatic, which is on a lease from work. I am considering buying it as the lease is now over. I have done 45K miles . my question is does anyone know if the car would still be reliable after its third year ? I always do the services at the dealers, on time.

Do you know of any problems that hit the engine/gearbox after a while?

Thank you very much for any information

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Peugeot offer a really good extended warranty that might be worth looking in to / considering if you do keep the car.

Make sure its the proper PEUGEOT extended warranty & not one just offered by the dealer group.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would have thought that after 45k then most minor (and major!) problems would have been ironed out. If you're happy with the car and the price is right, why not?

·
Registered
452 Posts
As you know the car and its service history, faults and repairs I guess if price is right a good buy.
As it had the dealer 3 rd. year service and passed MOT?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick replies, i will ask about the extended warranty.

yes it passed the 3rd service (Edit: actually it passed the 5th service..) and MOT, actually i got an "engine fault" light before the third service, reported it, then they did the service, but they did not tell me what was the error code. I have to ask them about it.

what i meant with possible faults is if there were any known issues that arise after some wear, possibly things similar to VW's DSG's faults that start to occur after the 30K mark..

·
Registered
452 Posts
Didn't ask it arose because of my prolonged idling of the engine whilst updating the maps, think it would be with nasties in the emission system, I just wanted the error messages stopping.
I guess if not due to the idling then they will appear again but I'm doubtful I have a problem from advice given here.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The only thing you should worry about is the crumbling timing belt syndrome.
Read the thread about it .
A simple peek can tell you it's condition and whether you should replace it before 100Kkm.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I would suspect a car with a full Peugeot main dealer service history would be looked at favourably in the event of the crumbling timing belt issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As above, I would look into the Peugeot extended warranty, I had mine on my previous 308 and for what you pay it's great (think I paid c. £25 a month for almost a like-for-like original warranty) - the main thing is, or at least was then, is that you cannot have a gap between the manufacturer warranty ending and this new one starting.
However, if you time it right it's a far superior product in offer and cost to anything I was ever offered by VW...

I am currently at 33k in my 1.2 EAT6, so also have an interest in this thread to see if it stays with me :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bare in mind , tyres , timing belt, aux belt and other rubber staff are not covered by any warranty.

Unless you point them to a known issue. Most people are not aware of it.
This is why timing belt checkup is so important with this engine. It is a known vulrnability.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you for the advice, just got an engine fault P0011, still haven't bought the car though, i will have the leasing company take it for repair.. i was very close to buying it, but now I'm not sure..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep, the P0011 is the timing belt issue I warned about earlier.

The fuel tank had a major recall. Not related to the belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the help guys, i ended up buying a Seat Ateca, im glad the problems started just before i bought it.. they did not fix it well by the way..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts