Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While browsing youtube I came across a few videos apparently showing the official figure of 130mph for the 1.2 beaten by some margin. One in particular shows an indicated 230kph or 142mph! What's going on here, is it just a case of ideal conditions with a long open stretch of road?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More likely An inaccurate speedo
Possibly but it was showing on both the digital and analogue displays. Even allowing for say a 5% discrepancy the car would still be achieving about 136mph. Although largely irrelevant in day to day driving, thats an impressive top end for a 1.2 litre car.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Down hill with a following wind.

Both speedos are driven from the same sensor, so neither will be more accurate than the other. Add to that a 10% exaggeration is not unknown. Very few show less than a 5% error. Just compare with a stand alone sat nav.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Videos were on a long flat open road. Maybe it is a 10% error which would bring it within the original spec.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Downhill pretty much And the 308 speedo is pretty accurate compared to other brands. I have pretty much maxed my 308 gti at 254 km/u and had 250 recorded on a seperate gps (accurate one)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yep, according my observations 308 speedo lying for 4-5km/h, same as my former Scenic. Except 308 speedo lies virtuali across entire speed range and Scenic started to adding speed after, if I remember right, 70 km/h but not all 4-5 km/h but gradualy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts