Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I just bought last week my Peugeot 308 1.2 110bhp 2016 in Allure model.

Just wonder what is your AVG consumption.

Have only done 190km and half tank gone. Computer shows AVG of 32mpg in mainly city driving. Short cruises on dual carriageway only between spins in town

Would that be too high?
What's your avg consumption?
Cheers 馃槉

Premium Member
Currently getting 43.5 mpg average around town according to the My Peugeot app - Puretech 130 bhp

Registered
I'm got 11.1 km/l (or 26.1 mpg) out of my last tank (according to the trip meter), but I have a heavy foot and only drive short distances in city traffic. According to the app I average a little bit less mpg than that recently. I've got a 130 bhp Puretech like Mr Lee.

I remember my 208 allure had a pyramid shaped tank, which made it seem like the first half of your tank drained quickly, but the last 1/4 would last forever. I suspect something similar with the 308. I prefer going of the estimated range over what the dial indicates anyway.

Reactions: Aror82

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm got 11.1 km/l (or 26.1 mpg) out of my last tank (according to the trip meter), but I have a heavy foot and only drive short distances in city traffic. According to the app I average a little bit less mpg than that recently. I've got a 130 bhp Puretech like Mr Lee.

I remember my 208 allure had a pyramid shaped tank, which made it seem like the first half of your tank drained quickly, but the last 1/4 would last forever. I suspect something similar with the 308. I prefer going of the estimated range over what the dial indicates anyway.
That's pretty high consumption isn't? But as you said with heavy foot no wonder. Also it's turbo kick in it's not easy to hold foot up heheh. Sometimes I kick it down to the floor too which of course doesn't help with eco driving

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently getting 43.5 mpg average around town according to the My Peugeot app - Puretech 130 bhp
That's pretty good and reasonable AVG. I hope when I learn how to drive economical will achieve similar results. At present car is more powerful to what I had before Nissan Note 1.2 80bhp. That's why is probably high AVG for me as foot goes down the floor often 馃槉

Premium Member
If you have a Android / Apple smart phone then the My Peugeot app is useful for keeping track of fuel consumption.

Be warned the app sometimes plays up / has a sulk but as a modern Peugeot owner you will soon get used to that 馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have a Android / Apple smart phone then the My Peugeot app is useful for keeping track of fuel consumption.

Be warned the app sometimes plays up / has a sulk but as a modern Peugeot owner you will soon get used to that 馃槄
Thanks. I am using app. It's handy for keeping records of all journeys and shows pretty well fuel consumption. Will try to get down on it a little bit, as for the moment I think it's not too high 馃槈

Registered
2016 (66), 308, 1.2 (130), Manual, Allure, Nera Black
I have the 130 version and I average 42=44 in mixed driving. This is without trying particularly hard to be economical. On a long run 60-70 mph I generally get 50mpg even with bad traffic in places.

Once did a long run on single lane roads stuck behind traffic doing 50-55mph and came out with 58mpg! It really is very economical on a cruise. Just as good as my old diesel.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got first tank finished and consumption came out 34.4mpg so not tragically bad 90% town driving.

Premium Member
34.4 mpg average for a turbocharged Puretech 308 around town is pretty poor.

Registered
Need to get that checked/scanned,far too low mpg,mine is around the low 40's at present and reaches the high 40's in summer if running to rich could kill the cat?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of routes are short within 5km. Perhaps that's the reason. I will see if mpg will improve and try to drive more economical,

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Could I ask you folks to tell me how is your revs during normal drive.
I had Nissan note and have also Qashqai 1.6 petrol and can get easy 3rd gear within 30km/h and 40km/h for 4th gear and easi 50-55m/h to get 5th gear and no issues at all, no vibrations at all even in Nissan Note 1.2 petrol.
With this peugeot 1.2 I have to get nearly to 60km/h to get 3rd gear 70-80km/h to get 4th gear and 100km/h to get 5th gear. (Dash change gears indicated) Otherwise engine revs are choking and a lot of vibrations, like engine can't handle lower speed to get that gears in & struggle to drive in higher gears, not sure if that suppose to be like that?? I know it's only 3cylinder,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts