Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jsut bought this car and the heat was fine. After a couple of hours i noticed that the air on the left side was colder than the right side.
Now i only get a little heat from both sides.
The engine gets hot as usually.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
check coolant level as engine will still run fine until a lot has leaked out heater will stop blowing heat though.

If coolant has not dropped then there must be an issue inside heater unit but could be various things.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The coolant travels through the heater matrix constantly it is always hot and the only thing that controls the heat level in the car is the controls on the heater panel these move the flaps inside the heater to the required positions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So there must be an electric engine that moves the flaps.
If so maybe that one is broke or can it be the matrix itself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a similar problem on my 308SW (09) and after a number of checks it appears that the heater matrix is blocked.
I have seen 2 options for this, one is to replace the matrix (quite a job as the dash has to come off afika) or to remove the matrix and flush it with brick cleaner. I'm not capable of replacing the matrix myself (or getting it out to flush clean) so I'm saving up to have it replaced, maybe have enough to have it done before next winter <shivers>

Just to show how good the experience in these forums is, a bit more reading brings up the following link http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/308-2007-2014-178/heating-problems-293682/
which has some very good advice/guidance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts