Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people im looking for some advice:)
So one of my rear brakes has worn down to the metal and has therefore ruined the disc. So this morning ive rang round a few places and got some quotes for 2 new disc and sets of pads fitted, most quotes came in at around the £130 mark so got it booked in for tomorrow as its pretty urgent.....anyways got a phonecall from a garage i got a quote from saying that my car would need the disc with bearings in so they quoted £290.:confused:

after doing some browsing on this forum i knew this was a possibility but would they be able to tell which discs i need just from the reg num?? or would they need the VIN?

Car is a 52plate 307sw 1.6

·
Registered
280 Posts
If its a dealer they would be able to get the chassis number with the reg number, we are a dealer and we use HPI check to get the chassis number if not on file so really they should have known firstly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hawkeye said:
If the dealer knew what the model was how come he made such a bad mistake ???.
My post may have been a little confusing, i booked the car in at one of the garages that quoted me £130...then later in the afternoon a different garage(from which id recieved a quote earlier) rang and told me my car would need the bearing type discs so they changed their quote to £290..

luckily i didnt need them and all sorted now.

Both were indepandant garages not main peugeot dealers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts