Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. Today our car decided to break down. I drove for about 40 seconds from a cold start then the car started to sort of bunny hop and I had absolutely no power whatsoever, the rev dial would go up but the engine stayed sluggish and intermittent turning (can't explain it sorry). Sort of like a whirring, like it's struggling to turn... The engine light came on (orange light) so I pulled over and left it for a few minutes and tried again..Same thing again.. a few seconds driving then the intermittent rotation(?) of the engine and no power.

It starts perfectly, turns over perfectly, sounds great on start up until a few seconds into driving.

RAC gave me a diagnostic code of P1160 - Intake air flow coherent intermittent.

He also said it's sucking air in through the injector seals. When he pushed on it we could clear as day hear the air being sucked in...He said he is certain it is the injector seals but he also said he worked for Peugeot and he never came across this problem before (he said this before doing the diagnostic test). so it kinda leaves me wondering if he's just telling me whatever he wants lol.. He was a nice chap though and very helpful.

He asked me to drive the car home (I live 4 mins drive away) and he would follow... and the car was fine! No problems at all except the engine light being on still...then I tried again after he left just to make sure and within about 10 seconds it happened again...

Any ideas? Sorry for my lack of ability to explain the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply but I did use the search option before I posted but came up with nothing helpful to my situation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi.. Thought I would give an update....

It was the injector seals just like the RAC guy had said... This is a relief! I lost out on 3 days work and TAX is due this week too so I'm glad it was nothing expensive. We already had the seals in our garage from when we changed them last yr so it cost us nothing :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts