Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone tell me where the sensors are that tell the ECU that my PEF needs cleaning please? I was getting this warning on my console and the vehicle has gone into limp-home mode so, using the very helpful instructions in the forum, I removed and cleaned out the filter but it hasn't made any difference.

There a sensor of some kind screwed into the front of the PEF with two wires going off it, but my Haynes manual describes this as a temperature sensor, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. To replace that would cost £70+, so it's not something I want to do unless it's definitely related.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

Glyn

D

·
0 Posts
Thats the exhaust temp sensor alright. There are also teo pipes coming off the filter, follow then to the differential pressure sensor.
don't go jumping to conclustions. Get a diagnostic check done first. Post up the p codes. I can help you from there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Info

OK, I;ve finally managed to run the vehicle up on PP2000, but I;m not getting codes, only descriptions - am I missing something?

After clearing some apparently old faults, the three Engine ECU faults I now have (after clearing the others then going for a run) are as follows:-

1. Permanent fault. Particulate filter. Particulate filter puinctured or exhaust differential pressure info.

2. Permanent fault. Air intake heating circuit. Short circuit to earth or circuit open.

3. Intermittent fault. Air flowmeter signal. Air flow too high coherence.

Fault one won't clear. Fault two clears but returns very quickly. Fault three only appears occasionally.

I cleaned out the PEF and I think I possibly need to renew the gasket between the PEF and the CAT because I can occasionally hear a slight whistle as though there's a leak somewhere (or I need to use exhaust paste on the joints at the front and rear of the CAT and PEF respectively) - could either of these be causing fault one?

Presumably I need to track down and test the solenoid and associated wiring mentioned in fault two.

Any ideas about 3 please and do you reckon I'm on the right track with the other two?

Thanks,

Glyn

D

·
0 Posts
The particle filter differential pressure sensors give trouble. As long as all the wiring and piping are ok i'd be sure you need a differential pressure sensor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a sensor for sale by the way, in fact may have two. I don't think this is the right place to start discussions but I have been meaning to list it in the For Sale section for a while. Let me know if you're interested anyway :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts