Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

Replaced my factory fitted RD3 stereo, for a Sony with USB.
Problem is my radio reception is now crackling.

Can anyone tell me, does the RD3 stereo have an signal amplifier built in? Or is their one built into the aerial base?

There is a blue AC wire which i left disconnected. The Sony instruction manual states it's for power aerials, of which i have none. But i wonder if it also boosts the radio signal, and therefore, should I connect it?

Cheers in advance

P

·
0 Posts

Can anyone tell me, does the RD3 stereo have an signal amplifier built in? Or is their one built into the aerial base?

There is a blue AC wire which i left disconnected. The Sony instruction manual states it's for power aerials, of which i have none. But i wonder if it also boosts the radio signal, and therefore, should I connect it?

Cheers in advance
Had same problem mate, same car and a sony stero. I ended up removing the base for the aerial, cleaning all contacts and the securing nut that had got covered in grime.

This improved it for me slightly but i wasn't happy. I ended up chopping the connectors and soldering directly. So far radio's been perfect. Someone did post you can get a booster for the signal, not tried but may fit one in as well.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts

Cheers in advance
The blue wire will be the 12v signal feed to raise/lower a power aerial when the ignition is switched on/off. My RD3 has a very shallow aerial connector and if yours is the same, it may well be that it isn't making a good connection in the head units aerial connector. It may require some kind of adapter Maybe like this one or you could look at
which is a little cheaper. Some adapters have built in amplifiers which could be powered from the blue power aerial lead from the head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts