Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon while driving into town, I turned the radio off. I noticed the Multifunction display still showed the radio station ident. I tried to turn the radio back on, but it wouldn't. The only thing it does is eject a CD. No other buttons, either on the front panel or steering column get a response.

Also, the Multifunction display appears "frozen". Even when the car ignition is off, the display is on. It shows the time, stuck at 15:17, with the middle colon still flashing. The radio ident. is as it was when the radio was on, and the temperature remains the same.

If I unplug the Multifunction display and reconnect it, it comes back on with exactly the same display.

It seems to me that there is a controller somewhere in the car that has gone loopy. Any ideas?

In the mean time, I have unplugged the Multifunction display.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorted, sort of...
I unplugged the display unit about the time of the initial post. Due to a combination of not remembering to do it, and not really liking working outside when it's below -15'C, I never got around to doing anything about this until yesterday (it was a toasty -2'C!).

I plugged the display unit back in, and it had reset itself. The clock showd 00:00 and the date was 01.01.00. I set these. Also both radio works fine.

I guess with the unit missing for so long, whatever it was that was wrong, got reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.