Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my 2007 Peugeot 307SW 1.6 HD S, everything seems fine with the car - except I reckon the aircon may need regassing cos it's not blowing very cold. :rolleyes:

I never noticed on the test drive, cos it wasn't particularly hot out - but bringing it home on the motorway - I noticed it's only blowing cool at best. The aircon switch light is lit up though. Looking at the receipts that came with the car, it was last regassed in August 09, is this something that does rear it's head occasionally on Pugs.

I have also noticed that when I lock the car with the remote, I can get the front windows to raise by keeping hold of the remote fob button for two secs - but the electric mirrors don't fold in....the car locks up OK etc, just the mirrors don't fold. The mirrors work fine in every other respect, adjustment - heating etc -

Is the folding option just fitted on some cars, or is it an option that could be turned off.

It's not a trauma, just an enigma ( Ihope lol) :D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Charlie said:
I just picked up my 2007 Peugeot 307SW 1.6 HD S, everything seems fine with the car - except I reckon the aircon may need regassing cos it's not blowing very cold. :rolleyes:

I never noticed on the test drive, cos it wasn't particularly hot out - but bringing it home on the motorway - I noticed it's only blowing cool at best. The aircon switch light is lit up though. Looking at the receipts that came with the car, it was last regassed in August 09, is this something that does rear it's head occasionally on Pugs.

I have also noticed that when I lock the car with the remote, I can get the front windows to raise by keeping hold of the remote fob button for two secs - but the electric mirrors don't fold in....the car locks up OK etc, just the mirrors don't fold. The mirrors work fine in every other respect, adjustment - heating etc -

Is the folding option just fitted on some cars, or is it an option that could be turned off.

It's not a trauma, just an enigma ( Ihope lol) :D

The mirror option can be turned on in planet but you need to fit electric mirrors and as far as i know kwik fit doing a free/cheap gassing option .

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate. :thumb:

I got the aircon re-gassed at Halfrauds this aft and it is much better, not freezer like - but much better, at least it is fairly cold now. It cost me 50 quid, but hey - it's only money :D

Are there two types of electric mirrors on 307's then - one that folds and one that doesn't ?

My mirrors have electric adjustment and heated glass. Should they also be able to fold electrically or do I have a cheapskate car :( ?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Charlie said:
Are there two types of electric mirrors on 307's then - one that folds and one that doesn't ?

My mirrors have electric adjustment and heated glass. Should they also be able to fold electrically or do I have a cheapskate car :( ?
Would have thought so but i really don`t know ,would like to have a poke round with planet if i had the same spec as you , you might be able to just turn them on.(and before any wise cracks from the rest of you not that kind of turn on :lol: )

·
Registered
63 Posts
On the drivers door switches for the mirrors, you have a choice for moving left or right mirrors, if thay are elec fold you also have the option to fold by pulling the same switch towards you ie backwards and the mirrors should fold. I know this because while driving i went to alter mirrors an pulled by mistake and the fekers folded :eek:
but you pull again and thay return to open position.....only found out after stopping rather quickly :rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That clears it up then. The book isn't the clearest thing - thanks very much guys. :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
After many days pondering WHY suddenly my wing mirrors would not open!!

bing said:
On the drivers door switches for the mirrors, you have a choice for moving left or right mirrors, if thay are elec fold you also have the option to fold by pulling the same switch towards you ie backwards and the mirrors should fold. I know this because while driving i went to alter mirrors an pulled by mistake and the fekers folded :eek:
but you pull again and thay return to open position.....only found out after stopping rather quickly :rolleyes:

Thank You Thank YOu THank YOu..Aftr reading your reply I found the switch and HEY PRESTO...the wing mirrors where back in action ....I was on the edge of a nervous breackdown trying to locate the Fuse Box !! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts