Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have randomly had the "depollution system error" since getting the car - every few months at first - now weekly, for a day and then it goes.

Never lost any power though - until today.

The car is really sluggish until it hits 3000rpm and then its just about normal.

It always starts ok - then after a short period the power drops off, and its quite sluggish

Its been looked at today by a mechanic friend of mine and hes plugged it in and got a "permanent turbo error"

hes cleared the code to now see what happens as there were a few other errors recorded, and given me a bottle of turbo cleaner.

anyone any idea whats likely to happen next ?

ta

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have experienced the same symptoms on my 06 reg 307 Hdi.
In my case the fix was:
1. Replace EGR valve - this turned off the Depollution System Warning light
2. Remove and clean the vacuum tubes which control a turbo valve - this gave me back an amazing amount of power and returned the fuel consumption to normal.
Hope this helps others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys new to this forum malarky need some help

iv just bought the better half!!!! a 52 plate 307 2.0 hdi i believe its a 90hp
is it possible to tell if it has the dpf fitted chassis no is vf33erhsb82558157
the car runs fine for about 15 miles then esp and engine lights come on , bleep, limp mode.
had the car on ethos and it gives p1425 p0246 on engine and u1208 on abs
found a vac pipe off the turbo solenoid valve on front of engine, replaced it, took it for a run, had lots more power then 15/20mls all lights on again and same fault codes
the car came with receipts for a diesel partical filter and a catalytic converter both dated 16/4/13. the guy i bought it off said his had been robbed off the car when he was shopping. i have read thes threads and the dpf disconnection threads and would be interesting to know if this version has the dpf fitted. also the receipts are for 2 seperate items bought from different suppliers. if mine has the dpf is it not part of the cat anyway ???
anyway any help would be a good help
last pug i had was an 306 tdi which was like a aeroplane compared to this one for speed and in no way as complicated. bloody emissions.
doesnt the government know we are all gona die anyway eventually
cheers guys
Mick

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my issue seems to be resolved.

I took the car out and drove it flat out in 2nd gear for 3 or 4 miles - and left it over night.

the "de-pollution" light went out during the run and its been perfect ever since

all power restored.

happy for now !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts