Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks I'm doing a deal to buy a an 05 plate 307SW HDi 110 SE. The sale is subject to 2 repairs. One is the duff CD Changer we all know about. The second is the roof blind for the panoramic glass roof (kids will love it). The motor and attached first section of the blind work fine but it does not drag the rest of the sections out with it. The dealer's mechanic said he could botch it but credit to them they're going to buy new parts instead. Unfortunately for them they can't get the individual clips/fasteners required so have ordered a new blind set at £250 from Peugeot.

I've not seen any mention of this fault on the forum but a mech at Peugeot in Chingford told me dealer that he'd done three roof blind repairs in the 6 months he'd worked there.

Any comments?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just leave mine open all the time.

It works fine - but why would I want to close it ?

It was one of the main features that persuaded me to buy the car in the 1st place :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
:lol: fair point :D .... I have darkened privacy glass in my side and rear windows so I still don't have a problem ......:thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The roof blind is definately not a privacy feature (I'm thinking of a scene from Blue Thunder now...).
Once the guys had replaced the middle section of the blind a the rear section failed to emerge so they've had to replace that too. Good news is that the CD Changer is working. I wonder how long for....:confused:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
danrkelly said:
The roof blind is definately not a privacy feature (I'm thinking of a scene from Blue Thunder now...)
I remember that ,silent mode great programme, i liked streethawk ,god that was a blast from the past.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts