Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Ive had my 307 for a good 6/7 months now. Ive made several trips to the airport and back, sometimes a round trip non-stop - this is about 2 to 2.5hours motorway each way.

Ive never had a problem with the DPF, never been aware of a regen happening... but thats my question... how do I know if it is?

I drive in really low revs, I keep the fuel costs down as much as I can. I can count the amount of times Ive taken the car over 3000rpm on one hand.

BUT thats the thing... I have read to do the car some good, occasionally, for the EGR and DPF - drive a long motorway distance and do a little bit in a mid-gear, taking the revs over 3000. Is this true for the 2.0hdi 136???? Or does the DPF regen process kick in SOONER as the gearbox has a wider range, therefore less chance to take the revs higher...???

The car drives perfect, never would be able to tell it had a DPF, but Id rather take action to keep it working this well, in that area, rather than carry on and hope for the best...

D

·
0 Posts
A regen will happen at any speed above 40mph or so. If you had a problem you'd know with a message on the screen.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know David, thank you.

I was under the impression that it would only kick in after driving over say about 50mph for more than 3 minutes (when the car thinks its on a motorway) and when the revs exceeded 3000 (on a smaller engined/less geared hdi).

My old 306 used to sit at 2900/3000 if driven at 70mph in 5th... the 307 sits at about 2000/2100 at 70mph in 6th, but I try to do between 55-60mph ( IN THE MIDDLE LANE!!!... aaah! Just kidding ;) ) to achieve 60/65mpg.

Im happy at that speed because I will, at some point, be driving through Europe and Scandinavia with a trailer on (where ill be limited to 50mph anyway), I just want to make sure such low revs dont mess up a DPF regen (which you seem to suggest it wont) nor the EGR (and I know these need a blast every now and again).

·
11,706 Posts
The "20 minutes in 4th gear keeping revs above 3000" is a forced regen, done when previous ones may have failed.

But, as has been said, the car should regen when it needs it without inconveniencing you. From my experience i've found the 307 to be much less problematic than the 407.

If you have Peugeot Planet there is a little log of regens - miles done since last one, estimated amount of crud in the DPF and so on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts