Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can any body help me please my car has started reving it’s self up on tick over and some times I go to pull away and I dont have any throttle then after a couple of seconds it works .any help with this problem would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Any history of the car i.e. servicing done past problems, how long have you had it, has it had other problems since you owned it? As much past history will help in helping to diagnose vague defects.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s been serviced and had new starter motor new alternator new tinning belt and water pump and new battery. .when I’m sitting in traffic it seems to rev up only a bit and when I go to pull way I put my foot down to pull away there is nothing then it seems to kick in to life

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You say serviced, was all the filters replaced? Oil, air, fuel and pollen? Is this defect always there every time you press the pedal from zero? Or just now and again? If the throttle is fly by wire and not cable then it could be that that is the problem. I have the 1.4 diesel and mine is fly by wire. I am not to sure if all of them are the same. No doubt some other member will confirm either way.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
At least the defect has progressed and in some ways that is good as it gives you more to go on. I think you need to start looking at the fuel pipes at the engine end for air leaks. By that I mean that they can deteriorate where they allow air to be sucked in but they do not actually leak fuel. A thorough inspection of all the hoses both to the filter and from the filter plus those to the injectors and from the injectors back to the tank would be a good start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts