Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fan which provides air through my dash grills has stopped working. I noticed it yesterday when i started a journey, when i could only get it to work on number 3, then after about 30 secs it stopped completely. I think the fact it partially worked rules out a fuse blowing (although I wouldn't mind knowing where this is so I can check it out as I have also lost my manual). I have had the centre console face off to gain access to the rear of the control panel and had a play with the connections and but with no luck. I have also found the fan I think, situated just behind the centre console grills and given the power cables a wiggle. If anyone can give me any pointers before I start stripping a bit deeper or send it to a garage I would appreciate your help. For info the air con button lights up when selected and you can hear it start too, also the recirculate button lights and again I can hear the motor operate the gate valve. Just no airflow. Please help, it's summer and my icecream is melting too fast (joke).

G

·
Hi

I dont - sorry!

You could go look on the Peugeot ServiceBox website - just register there and it will let you browse the parts diagrams. From that you can usually figure it out.

If no joy, I will have a look and see.

D

G

·
Ok - I just had a look for you.

It appears that if you remove the glove box it should be visible.

Another thought - its worth checking that the connectors to the pack are all tight as I have seen on some cars evidence of loose connections leading top melted plastic on the plug/socket.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have took out the glove box and fan from the system, the resistor is inside the housing for the fan and the whole thing seems to have shorted out to the connectors. I am now in a desperate search for a new wiring loom for the fan. It seems this is a common fault with vehicles around 6-7 years old. All the breakers i have approached have had both the looms and resistors taken from their 307's. Anyway at least i've found the fault and know how to sort it.
So david, is that link you provided to e-bay something you're selling? if so could you get me a wiring loom too?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
rigger, found this,it might help might not but worth a read-

I started by removing the glove box and surrounding panels to gain access to the heater blower fan.

1. I removed the blower motor and navigating it past the wire looms and brackets.

2. Tested the motor blower on the battery charger in the garage, spun up no problems.

3. So fault still lies somewhere behind this dash.

4. Located the resistor inside the blower aperture, if the reach in and twist it anti clock it will pull down and reveal the electrical connection.

5. The resistor contains 5 connections that pass the voltage across different tappings of the power resistor to give the speed settings 1 to 4.

6. Pin 1 must have had a poor connection at some point and was slightly tarnished crating a faulty connection on the spade terminal and on the connector plug also.

7. I cleaned the connections and added a little copper slip to the pin connections and refitted the resistor to the loom.

8. Refitted the blower motor and tested the system.

Result 2

I now have a heater blower in the car.

What is better i did not give Mike Thompson Stafford Ltd £650 of my money to fix such simple problem.

If the connection goes again i am sure if i was to cut the plug off the loom and solder the wires directly to the pins on the resistor i would get a 100% fix probably better than replacing the loom.

G

·
Hi

The link I posted was just that - one for example, and not my sale...sorry.

As the text Betty posted - like I suggested - worth checking the connectors to the resistor pack.

If the loom is damaged there, you could just solder the (or new) wires to the resistor pack - you are unlikley to be back in there while you have the car!

I would not buy a new loom - make something up.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorted, I actually didi this last month but thought it would be good to conclude the thread.

The resistor needed replacing and is a new version, modified to stop them blowing, unfortunately the loom has also been modified as the new resistor has one less pin on the connector, so because room to work in is limited I decided to replace the loom too.

Had a bit of a job getting the old one out (Top tip: use string on the power connector for the fan as well as the resistor to get them routed correctly) but it went in easier and voila, I now have wind in my car with the windows up.

Thanks to everyone in pointing me in the right direction.:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts