Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post so apologies if this has been covered before - I can't seem to get the search facility to find it (but lots on other 307 abs faults)

I have had a 52 plate 307sw 2.0 HDI for a couple of years (never seen sight nor sound of a recall notice despite having spent thousands on a replacement ECU, head gasket and clutch at the dealership in that time).

The ABS, ESP, handbrake and STOP warning lights are now permanently on. I've taken it to the local dealership who tell me that the ABS hydraulic block and wiring harness need to be replaced at a jaw-dropping £2850!

When describing the problem the mechanic said that there was "plumbers mastic" used to seal the block (?). Sounds like a cowboy attempt to prevent the water ingress described by others here.

I suppose the questions are - does what I've been told sound reasonable? I'm struggling to find anywhere else locally that would be able to diagnose this problem - the only other garage I've tried simply says the F,N ABS sensor needs replacing. I'm reluctant to pay for a new sensor if that doesn't sort it. And even more reluctant to pay nearly £3000 to the dealership. A mechanic friend on the continent says the dealership quote is way over what it should cost - the bock and wiring should be £500, the rest labour?

Help! :confused:

G

·
I cant see there being an issue with whatever was used to seal the block, hell half my car is stuck together and sealed with silicone :)

I'd get it to an independent garage and get your fault codes read and noted down, most garages should be able to do this, then find out either from them or via google exactly what the codes relate to

And i'd also try and find out if the recall was ever done, if it was then surely peugeot were the last to touch the ABS block??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stubbo, I'll try and find another garage locally to have a look and to find out about the recall. But from what others say about the recall that seems to have caused more problems than its solved?

Can't help but have a sinking feeling and pending trips to showrooms . . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts