Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some advice my 307sw runs abit lumpy when first turned on, it has just had a service and was doing this before service anyway. guy at local garage thinks it might be fuel pump? there is a ticking type noise and hes pin pointed it to fuel pump( by puttting a doctors type styascope on it i have listened to it aswel it really load ticking noise when its on fuel pump but hes not 100 percent sure if that is the problem i havent really got money at the minute to waste on changing the pump if it is not that.can anyone help point me a right direction what to do and also how much would the fuel pump cost me? is it just something that is replaced and that is it job done are is a hard job?
many thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi guys any advice on my problem? something else I have noticed is only seem to have a juddering when cold for five minutes r so! it idles ok its just when driving. Ps it has also had a full service around a month ago r so/:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get the codes read from someone i know in a local garage but what is the point it hasnt not chucked any up! no engine management light has come on either hence why i am asking buddy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
you really need pp to check all the live data outputs from pump pressure to injectors to see what is going on. without this being done it could cost a fortune to repair by trial and error.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you really need pp to check all the live data outputs from pump pressure to injectors to see what is going on. without this being done it could cost a fortune to repair by trial and error.
Thanks for the advice where and how much can i get this done for? im in newcastle area North East cheers?

C

·
0 Posts
thanks for the replys guys. can someone explain what the pp is and how it works please?
It's pugs own diagnostic system that some of us own, diagnostic wise it's the same as any dealer and by far the best diagnostic gear for pugs. It see's all info from all ecu's and more.

C

·
0 Posts
Nice how much does it cost and what's involved
Depends on what you mean to buy it anything from £55ish to £110ish.

To got to one of the owners on the map/list it will vary but cheaper than any garage, for a full fault code scan I charge £10.

·
11,706 Posts
Get your 20 posts then send a PM to the member nearest to you. There are people in Middlesborough, Durham, Newcastle & Ashington according to the Peugeot Planet map.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE

Well had computer diag done yesterday and no further forward really! all seems to check out fine on computer i waited while the lad done it graphs shown to me and he said all looks fine. he said change the fuel filter again which i done yesterday seemed abit better this morning but still could feel the engine not running right (only happens when i first use the car in the morning and is fine a few minutes later) there was a few bits of what looked like metal fillings in where the fuel filter goes but the garage said he has seen worse. SO what next Guys?:confused:

·
Registered
238 Posts
metal filings in the fuel filter is normally a sign of the hp pump going. this would need replacing, the fuel tank and pipes may need flushing and the metal probably has entered one or more of the injectors causing problems there, you may need them reconditioning or replacing. all in all not good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the help guys but I'm not sorry to say got shot of the car nothing but a money pit in the 18 months I owned it, fuel pump on the way out was the final straw.shame really cos I liked the car. Don't think I shall buy a Peugeot again.

C

·
0 Posts
So you buy some knackered old used car and won't buy that brand again because the tired old smoker was on its last knockings? Duh.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So you buy some knackered old used car and won't buy that brand again because the tired old smoker was on its last knockings? Duh.
I would say the£3000 I paid for it was hardly banger motor money would you! 102k miles for a Peugeot engine isn't that high is it? But with the £500 I spent on it over the short time I had it then looking at £600 plus for a fuel pump was enough for me and left a nasty taste in my mouth with the make. Also i have been driving for 15 years and owned alot of different make of cars and never had so many garage trips other then on this old smoker as you put it! Anyway thanks for the advice from others on here. Chopper you must be a old Peugeot fan boy right? Our should I say old smoker by your sig picture:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts