Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summary: Which part no. wiring harness do I need for a facelifted 307SW?

I'm currently trying to work out which electric harness I need to buy for a 2006 so facelifted 307SW. I'm wanting to tow both a standard little trailer (7pin electrics) and an old caravan (dual 7pin electrics).

I've looked on servicebox and the only loom listed is for 13pin electrics (9688EK). In the application column this seems to suggest it is for the CC and LHD only. I then found this (http://www.forum307.com/upload/vignettes/bandit600n/wjbhck-.jpg) part no 9688EJ but from that picture it looks like it's for the pre-facelift model, so I'd like some confirmation! Whilst 13pin is not ideal, I suppose I could always use an adapter or rewire the 13pin connector for dual 7pins.

I could fit a bypass relay, but knowing this car's sensitivity to anything electronic I'd rather get the proper harness if I can find it.

I have found a 7+7pin system but it is for the hatchback model (9688W5), and so presumably the electrical connection points would be different. Did Peugeot not ever make a 7+7pin for the facelifted SW?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Summary: Which part no. wiring harness do I need for a facelifted 307SW?

I'm currently trying to work out which electric harness I need to buy for a 2006 so facelifted 307SW. I'm wanting to tow both a standard little trailer (7pin electrics) and an old caravan (dual 7pin electrics).

I've looked on servicebox and the only loom listed is for 13pin electrics (9688EK). In the application column this seems to suggest it is for the CC and LHD only. I then found this (http://www.forum307.com/upload/vignettes/bandit600n/wjbhck-.jpg) part no 9688EJ but from that picture it looks like it's for the pre-facelift model, so I'd like some confirmation! Whilst 13pin is not ideal, I suppose I could always use an adapter or rewire the 13pin connector for dual 7pins.

I could fit a bypass relay, but knowing this car's sensitivity to anything electronic I'd rather get the proper harness if I can find it.

I have found a 7+7pin system but it is for the hatchback model (9688W5), and so presumably the electrical connection points would be different. Did Peugeot not ever make a 7+7pin for the facelifted SW?
I did my pre-facelift with a OEM loom and it was pretty easy to fit and plugged directly into the loom on either side of the car and for the price vs time, I decided it wasn't worth the effort messing around (but only just). The dealer told me they only do 13 pin systems now and use an adaptor to give the 7 pin output, the one I have cost me €5 from the local motor factors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts