Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As title is defined.....i have few questions.

1. If timing belt got damaged will motor (307SW 2.0HDI 90HP) have fatal damage like petrol ones or not?
2. Is there some tutorial how to replace it in DIY version?
3. Other belt which is used for alternator and other things has automatic tensioner (i think thats right name not sure) on top side and that tensioner has two lines for alignement.Can someone explain here when is time for replacement for that belt?Probably when alignement is at some point it has to be replaced,right?Here is the picture of how tensioner position looks like now.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
1. Search this forum or Google HDI cambelt and you'll find when the belt snaps it mostly results in broken rockers only rather than any piston/valve damage.
2. Reasonable guide in Haynes manual and plenty online. I wouldn't do another HDI cam belt myself because I had nothing but problems.
3. I think that belt tensioner looks ok. I'm not 100% but I believe its when it reaches the other mark that it needs changing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you very much.I am searching whole day about this.I have found the manual already and great videos about Peugeot 307 on youtube.Cant post links yet becouse i dont have enough posts here to earn that right.Timing belt is actualy very easy to replace if you have right tools and know exactly what and how to do.The only tool i am missing is belt tension metter to make all "by the rules".Are rockers very expencive to change or not?....i meant on rockers as parts+time to do that + other materials.

Today i got working Sedre and Backup finally.I have all informations needed and related to this thread.Lock of this thread is ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts