Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

i'm very new to this site so please go easy on me! lol

i have owned my 307sw for 3 weeks now and its has been excellent till this morning!
driving along suddenly it went into limp mode... revs to 2700 rpm

i have had an antipollution fault and abs fault since i got it. it was very low on fuel when i picked it up from manchester soon as i put £30 in it engine management light went off and no fault, only the ABS one.
drove it all the way back to chesterfield with no problems! later on that day jumped in the car and started it up to nip out and "guess what" ANTI POLLUTION fault. so a week down the line i put an additive in half a tank of fuel and once that fuel was used (till light just coming on) the fault went for around 2 days and once i filled back up the fault was back!
so today with the car now going into limp mode i went and got it plugged in!
fault codes :
P1429
P0380
P1458
P0101
P1425
P1132

Its back in the garage monday morning to have a service but im thinking to try solve other things before filters and oil change?

i used to own a 406 with same engine and now and again 4th gear down the bypass got rid of any faults... this 307 seems that its going to cost me a lot of money!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH IN ADVANCE

·
11,778 Posts
Can you give us the fault descriptions as well as the "P" codes.

I think one of those is glow plugs. If they're not working right then it won't regenerate properly and will give the fault and show up lots of the other codes, even on parts which might not be faulty.

The trick is to interpret the codes properly, not just throw replacement parts at any piece of the car relating to that P code.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give us the fault descriptions as well as the "P" codes.
Sorry but all the diagnostics machine came up with was the codes given above and then "unlisted code" next to everyone of them so i don't have a description
the mechanic tried to reset them but no luck.

i looked on forums and found some information on every code making sure they were from posts on engines the same as i have.

This is some i found:
P0101
For EDC15C2, this fault represents:
- Air flow not sufficient against expected value.
Check the EGR valve operation.
- Air flow too great or not sufficient.
Check the calibration of air flow meter. Also check for turbo hoses adrift or split.

P0380
For EDC15C2 and possibly other Pre heat systems, check for open circuit glow plugs.

P1429
For EDC15C2; Check the Exhaust differential pressure sensor. It has a habit of becoming contaminated with water. Checks I have made show the following:
0.500 volts = 0.0mb / 0.550 volts = 5.9mb / 0.565 volts = 11.6mb.

P1458
For PSA systems with additional Heat switch, Component No. 1289 2v be connector, 118°C warning, as mounted on the heated water housing. The circuit is wired in parallel with the coolant thermistor.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i'm going to do is give it a service clean EGR and turbo. if no joy then will get a planet done on it i'm just waiting for an email back from [email protected] (on here) to sort one out.
i have problems with my ABS sensors, will that affect it? the ABS light has been on since i got it and was told it needs new sensors but haven't got round to doing them yet...

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can someone explain to me how the glow plugs work when in regen? do they get even hotter in that process? is it possible that they are working to the degree that its starting and running fine but not regening its self?? i can't find anything out of place but have noticed the pdf is a bit rusty and back box looks like its falling to bits.... could this be the reason why i'm stuck in limp mode? i have all the fault codes off of autodata and as follows intake/glows/exhaust

·
11,778 Posts
Its easy to misinterpret fault codes when it comes to regen. A simple faulty glowplug will throw the entire system into disarray and give lots of other errors.

You just need to work through it methodically. Glow plugs are cheap, easy to swap, and if there's no history of them being changed should be done.

Then check the fan is working properly, that the DPF is in good condition and so is the additive tank and levels.

Clear the codes and take it from there.

But when it comes to the system, only Planet will do. A cheapo code reader won't read the paramters and levels of the system.

You mentioned Manchester and Chesterfield in your opening post. If you're close to either then Pr1vatepiles or myself can do a Planet check.

As for the ABS sensors, you need to check the gaps, don't just throw new parts at it as it won't cure a gap issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers mate, i have PM'd him as he is a lot closer to me. do you have a link to some glow plugs?
its something i can do my self (lets hope i dont snap them!) any tips to get them out safely?
Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
OK.
just got back from the garage and had the service done, bloody hell it needed it!
wile it was up on the ramp i had a good look and additive tank is over half full and everything seemed good, but then paying better attention to the front of the engine i noticed the vacuum pump that operates the wastegate? was a bit dodgy so took it off and the my amazement the wire on the plug had broken! :/ went to the scrappy and got a new plug off of a C5 ! cost me £1 :D now its running spot on and NO limp mode or anti pollution fault!!

P

·
0 Posts
OK.
just got back from the garage and had the service done, bloody hell it needed it!
wile it was up on the ramp i had a good look and additive tank is over half full and everything seemed good, but then paying better attention to the front of the engine i noticed the vacuum pump that operates the wastegate? was a bit dodgy so took it off and the my amazement the wire on the plug had broken! :/ went to the scrappy and got a new plug off of a C5 ! cost me £1 :D now its running spot on and NO limp mode or anti pollution fault!!
Fantastic new mate

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well well, jumped in the car after work and the antipollution fault came back on! :/
it felt a bit sluggish on and off but once it warmed up it ran fine.

could this be a glow plug problem as the car was cold?

cheers

·
11,778 Posts
Shouldn't be as the glow plugs aren't needed unless its Winter and really cold, other than regeneration of course.

But you did say:

P0380
For EDC15C2 and possibly other Pre heat systems, check for open circuit glow plugs.
So if you've not changed the plugs and checked and cleaned the contacts on the glow plug relay its possible that the ECU is checking them, finding a fault, and putting the light on.

P

·
0 Posts
Went out and did a diagnostic for Andreas, imagine my surprise turning up to the same car, even down to colour haha.

Cleared out a shed load of old warnings and finally ended up with two (see pic below). Also shown a screenshot of what the injectors were reading when I fired engine up. Not sure if they read correctly, hopefully one of you guys can comment on them and the error codes. He is a nice chap and always good to know someone good at resprays :thumb:.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
P1458
Coolant solenoid valve Short to earth or open circuit.

For PSA systems with additional Heat switch, Component No. 1289 2v be connector, 118°C warning, as mounted on the heated water housing. The circuit is wired in parallel with the coolant thermistor.

where to start with this?
the other issue i'm sure a good clean out of the DPF will sort it out!

Cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts