Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd ask you lot what you think this problem could have been...
I have just completed a 2500 mile holiday in my 307 which run absolutely fine, except for a slight problem within the first 100 miles.

With the car full I was driving down the M6, and the car lost all power and black/grey smoke was pouring out the back. Pulled onto the hard shoulder and it wouldn't start. After leaving it for five minutes it started fine and ran smooth for about half a mile - when the same thing happened again. There where no warning lights or messages on the display. The second time I disconnected the battery and then managed to pull off the motorway where in a car park i were able to rev it (and it seemed like normal). I decided to carry on my journey and didn't have any other faults.

I have de-fapped it (no filter in exhaust and re-map) about 6000 miles ago and its been running fine.

Can anyone think what it could have been? I were thinking EGR or something sticking.. not really sure.

Any help would be great!! :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a proper peugeot diagnostic carried out. There probably will be fault codes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I plugged my PP into it and found the following errors...

I'm assuming the middle fault 'Crankshaft-camshaft synchronization' would have been the problem.
Any ideas what could cause this? Just a sensor playing up, or something more serious?

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember why its like that... It's from when I removed the DPF from the exhaust, the tutorial on here says to disconnect it - which is why its popped up as a fault, does it need plugging back in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts