Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 307 2.0hdi as a non runner about 6 months ago with what i thought was an ecu issue,

Finally found somebody to test and clone my standard ecu to another one, also have a immob off ecu and it won't run with either ecu fitted,

Car has no fault codes in either engine ecu or bsi, with cloned ecu fitted

it has 350 bar of fuel pressure during cranking,
cam and crank signals are sync'd,
bsi reconises engine ecu and visa versa,
battery is fully charged,

engine will start with easy start but as soon as you stop spraying it just cuts out

ive been round and checked all fuese i can see,

unplug a glowplug and crank engine, then remove it and plug is dry as a bone and it doesn't smell of diesel, almost like injectors arn't firing but unplug a injector and it logs codes

apparently when i got the car the previous owner hit a bump while driving and engine cut out and wouldn't start again

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Quite possibly your car has an inertia switch that has tripped. This switch is to cut off the fuel pump in the event of a collision to prevent fuel being sprayed under pressure if a fuel line is damaged.
It may be it is bypassed when cranking the engine, thus showing pressure when you try to start it.
I have no idea where it might be, or even if it has one, but the symptoms you describe point in that direction. No doubt someone here would know more about this. If it turns out you get a good car simply by re-setting a switch then you snagged a bargain!. :)

Roger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what me and a mate thought as hes had a few 106gti's in past with switch up near battery under bonnet but we carn't find it if 307 has one,

Hunted round under bonnet, pulled glovebox out and cowlings round steering wheel, but carn't find one and there is no settings on friends diagnostic program to reset one electronically,

Just getting cheesed off with it been sat on drive and not giving any indication as to why it won't start especially with all parameters reading as they should,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It bleeps with key in ignition with door open, didn't they did with an unprogrammed key,

It also won't run with the immob off ecu i have and has no fault codes stored with either ecu apart from one that appears in bsi with immob off ecu saying config fault,

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Check for cam / crank synch with diagnostics. I think the ecu prevents fuel delivery if there is no synch. Could be timing out or a faulty sensor.

I recently helped out a member who's car wouldn't start after having the timing belt off. Timing was out and pretty sure there was no fuel delivery. It certainly wasn't flooding the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts