Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

New to this forum and want to exploit your tuning knowledge if possible. I was just wondering what the maximum power a 307 hdi could handle without having to upgrade the intercooler or turbo. A few ppl I know have tried to quote me ridiculous figures and I just thought I'd ask the experienced ppl within this forum

:thumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
depends on what model you have really 90? 110? xsi 136?, ive just had my 307 hdi xsi 2.0 136bhp re-mapped , its pushing out 172bhp with 350nm torque, still wanting to find a decent induction kit for it yet and possibly a new intercooler to mount on the front, hopefully push it up to 200bhp, ive just been looking around what can be done with the hdi engine and you will be quite surprized, diesel engines are full of torque so your gona feel pull you into the back of you seat, just think if its got a turbo you can upgrade just about everything if you have the money

·
Registered
7 Posts
tuning

alrite,

really, like the person before said, it depends on what model you have and how much you have to spend. DTUK do some decent tuning boxs, cost you about £289, and they offer good power gains. they also have the best aftersales i have ever experienced. i have a 1.4 hdi 307, and there box pushed my car from 68hp to a tad over 90, so for the amount spent, its a pretty decent gain.

i also put in a k&n replacement panel filter, which certainly gives you more feel on the throttle. you can also get boxes that fit on to your accelerator pedal that boost the electronic signals speed, which is useful, but it is pricey for the gain. can get them from www.europerformance.co.uk

another thing possible is to get a boost controller. a decent 2 stage electronic one is good, again these are pricey for a good one, but you need to do your research before you start tinkering with the turbo. Ecosse peugeot can offer a lot of advice about tuning.

obviously upgrading the turbo is a possibility, but again, you need to do your research before you start tearing lumps off your engine lol.

my mate managed to botch an intercooler from a landrover to his 307 hdi, so again, thats another thing you can look into lol.

anyhoo, before this turns into an essay, i will shut up now :D

hope that helps! :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
geordie7040 said:
depends on what model you have really 90? 110? xsi 136?, ive just had my 307 hdi xsi 2.0 136bhp re-mapped , its pushing out 172bhp with 350nm torque, still wanting to find a decent induction kit for it yet and possibly a new intercooler to mount on the front, hopefully push it up to 200bhp, ive just been looking around what can be done with the hdi engine and you will be quite surprized, diesel engines are full of torque so your gona feel pull you into the back of you seat, just think if its got a turbo you can upgrade just about everything if you have the money
Damn,i,ve just posted a question on the forum about this.Was it a remap or a box that you used and who supplied and how much did it cost?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Does the clutch need urgrading or will standard clutch be ok for that torque? Where did you have it mapped?

·
Registered
58 Posts
90BHp: no intercooler-> up to 130BHp and 280Nm, normally around 125-128Bhp and 280Nm

90Bhp: intercooler -> 145BHp and up to 300Nm depending on the clutch

90BHp: intercooler + uprated clutch -> 155-160BHp and 370Nm

90BHp: intercooler, vnt turbo, uprated clutch, bigger pump -> 200+BHp and 450+Nm

110BHp: 145BHp and 320Nm

Those are the figures I normally get. I probably have the biggest experience with rapping the HDI (2.0 and 2.2) in Europe..

·
Registered
58 Posts
90BHp: no intercooler-> up to 130BHp and 280Nm, normally around 125-128Bhp and 280Nm

90BHp: intercooler, vnt turbo, uprated clutch, bigger pump -> 200+BHp and 450+Nm

Those are the figures I normally get. I probably have the biggest experience with rapping the HDI (2.0 and 2.2) in Europe..
And some rr prints:

·
Registered
122 Posts

This is very interesting to me. I have an '03 90 hp 2l hdi. (DW10TD) I'm interested in what I can do for more power, especially off the line. The only thing is I live along way away...Australia. What options do I have?

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is very interesting to me. I have an '03 90 hp 2l hdi. (DW10TD) I'm interested in what I can do for more power, especially off the line. The only thing is I live along way away...Australia. What options do I have?
Get onto ebay, buy a "KWP2000 ecu flasher". Do not buy a Galletto 1250/1260 or a KWp2000+. The original KWp2000 is the most bulletproof.
Once you have it received, read the original file of your car.
E-mail me the file
I'll update the file to the specs as you wish (within the physical limits of the hardware). I'll then e-mail you the file.
Write the new file using the KWP ecu flasher.
Enjoy the extra power :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Get onto ebay, buy a "KWP2000 ecu flasher". Do not buy a Galletto 1250/1260 or a KWp2000+. The original KWp2000 is the most bulletproof.
Once you have it received, read the original file of your car.
E-mail me the file
I'll update the file to the specs as you wish (within the physical limits of the hardware). I'll then e-mail you the file.
Write the new file using the KWP ecu flasher.
Enjoy the extra power :)
Excellent. One problem though, I've just had a look & all that I see being offered is 2000+ units. I guess I just wait till a 2000 model comes up? :confused:

BTW What does this tune adjust? Timing? Duration? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Excellent. One problem though, I've just had a look & all that I see being offered is 2000+ units. I guess I just wait till a 2000 model comes up? :confused:

BTW What does this tune adjust? Timing? Duration? :)
Naah just buy the + version, it's perfectly good.

Timing, duration, limiters, compensators etc. gets modified.

Basically - more fuel = more bang = more torque = more power :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
interesting reading!!!

My 110hdi has had the DPF removed and computer adjusted guy i bought it from claimed it was at 140BHP i dont think it feels it but, if i get a remap done will it push to the 150 area or will it not make a difference??

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
interesting reading!!!

My 110hdi has had the DPF removed and computer adjusted guy i bought it from claimed it was at 140BHP i dont think it feels it but, if i get a remap done will it push to the 150 area or will it not make a difference??
Not if its already mapped , it`ll not go higher , if its lacking after a remap you could be looking at a different problem .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts