Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 307hdi after good service from a 406hdi.Have a problem with a fault alerting me to"Unblock diesil filter".The fuel filter has been changed and it only came on after this.Also the car seems to struggle with the A/C on.The engine feels as if it can not get enough fuel and shakes the car.Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there
the warning on the dash refers the the fap filter in the exhaust system it may just be blocked or the control system may have a fault.
the additive tank may be empty and needs topping up
this can only be done by a peugeot dealer.
hope this is of some help
madmark
peugeot tech

·
Registered
16 Posts
diesel filter

Hi

Had a 52 plate 307 hdi 110 from new. One of the NUMEROUS problems i had with it was the 'unblock diesel filter'

Peugeot said it was the fuel filter that needed replacing however i always replaced it each service anyway regardless of mileage as it always made a difference to performance and i know for a fact it had just been done. same as you so never understood why message came up.

I've also had the FAP problem which came up as 'particle fluid low' or something to that effect. That problem meant i had to spend morning at dealers while they took the fap particle filter out and topped up the fluid reservoir!!

Also had 'anti-pollution fault' which related to FAP filter again!! Car went into 'limp home mode' where the engine wouldnt rev past 2500 revs in every gear. Really frustrating.

I actually think that it was software issues that caused the 'diesel filter blocked' message as everything was checked by dealers more than 2 or 3 times. Very strange. Pity, because i really liked the 110 engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FAP fault

They were gonna charge me for 3 hours labour and for the additive, however it still had 2 years warranty left. They said that this wasnt covered under warranty and that i'd have to pay.

Said that if the fluid levels had been at correct level when it left factory then i wouldnt have to top it up a year after buying it. So they did it for free!!

typically 2 hrs labour is about ?100+vat plus cost of parts.

Tyger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts