Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just aquired a 307Hdi as a non runner and bought it with a suspected duff high pressure fuel pump.

I finally got chance to have a look at it today and once id put all fuel lines back on and bled fuel system and charged battery back up got it to turn over but wouldn't start.

Plugged code reader in and had a shed load of codes so erased them and checked parameters with ignition on and cranking an couldn't get any fuel pressure altho it was pulling fuel through lines.

Pulled airbox back off and sprayed abit of brake cleaner down intake as a friend cranked it over and it bust into life, after a couple of attempts its now reading fuel pressure actual and desired match when cranking(guess it must have been airlocked),

I now have no fault codes plenty of fuel pressure but the damn thing still won't start, looking through parameters it seems to be reading 4268mbar atmospheric pressure which seems awfully high,

Only problem is that sensor is built into (siemans) engine ECU and looking around forums and google it doesn't seem a common issue, they usually just seem to die

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fault codes for cam or crank sensor,

cam and crank sync "yes"

Think fuel pressure was around 375bar cranking, enough to start anyway

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think it was around 250 - 300rpm, sounded normal no noises from starter,

It will start and run on brake cleaner and it did run under its own steam for a few seconds once id managed to bleed fuel system up,

Just wondering if atmospheric reading will affect the amount of fuel injected

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
key in ignition in On position and open door if chiming sounds key is recognised :D has anyone been playing with the key and taken out the ID46 chip that is essential for starting

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for that, tried that this morning, I normally have the door closed before inserting the key, but I have noticed that it chimes if I open the door to get out with the key still in.

I thought it was to remind me not to leave the key in, but mine starts to chime even before the key is inserted fully, (307,02, 2.0HDI)

You learn something new every day :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts