Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 hdi problems help
I have a peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110ps with the rhs engine the problem is the turbo has stopped working have changed turbo solenoid valve check all pipes for leaks ect and still nothing an had a garage plug into peugeot planet just to reset the codes for what i have replaced and still nothing any ideas or is there anyone about in wiltshire swindon,salisbury way thanks guys

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
What codes did the garage clear ? And Planet can read turbo boost pressures

A Physical check would be to take the input pipe to the turbo off and try spinning the turbo manually

go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/need-20-posts-before-pm-13646/

post anything you wish until you reach 20 posts

then go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/
and search the Planet map for forum users in your area

then PM the nearest planet guru for a diagnostic

Hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks or the reply there were 2 faults that came up and they were
Turbo solenoid valve (replaced)
Fuel cap sensor (Replaced)
When i ha it plugged into obd it came up with
P0246
P0110
P0100 these 3 codes were deleted and peugeot planet picked up the othe top 2 faults it is getting o the point where i give up tbh

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
Turbo solenoid valve fault means there is a fault it DOES NOT mean it is faulty check the wiring to it and the plug

Easy way to test the turbo is join the 2 rubber pipes at solenoid together with a bit of brake pipe or similar and take it a short drive if boost improves turbo is fine.

DO NOT LEAVE TIKE THIS AS THERE IS NO BOOST CONTROL this will kill your turbo very quickly it is ONLY a test

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:::
I connected the hose and the turbo works. So now im guessin the new solenoid peugeot fitted is not working or like you suggested some aort of electrical fault

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
exactly as I thought its nearly always wiring or vacuum problems with these and if its boosting now then that rules out the vac side.

Reading faults and throwing parts rarely works knowledge of the car is what is needed to fix these

Check for power at the plug 1 side is 12 volt other side runs back to ecu and is controlled indirectly by a boost sensor in your intercooler pipework no boost reading= no boost !!

Wiring to the boost sensor can go bad leading to the same fault.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now i have boost i checked wire with meter reader an no voltage at all upon further inspection i noticed where it clips into the solenoid there is a open wire and i can turn it freely how hard of a job is this to replace and any links to prices to buy thanks reliable406 youve been a godsend nice to feel a bit of boost

·
5,891 Posts
If I remember correctly the unused plug for the oil temp sensor which is clipped to harness trunking will fit onto solenoid you could always liberate this or even the pins with a bit of cable still attached for use in the original plug and tape up the oil temp leads.

I also think that Peugeot do a small repair harness but in think it is a bit pricey

·
5,891 Posts
If you look to the rear of the HP pump, on the plastic cable trunking just above the egr and other solenoids you should see a black plug which is just clipped onto the trunking to stop it flapping about. I believe its for a oil temp sensor which they never fitted.

I think the plug will fit on the turbo solenoid. If it does fit as it not used you could cut off the plug with a short length of cable (insulate and tape up left over harness) and use it to splice in/repair your Turbo solenoid connector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another update:::

I have rewired the solenoid cable and plug and eml light has now turned off. Does this nean i have a current?
Also still no turbo confused.com!!!
Even after connecting the two pipes last night which showed i had boost when i drove it can anyone help now getting rather annoyed thanks guys

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
You may need to look at the boost sensor and wiring and depending on type some have a short link pipe this link pipe can burst but your getting there sometimes the ecu needs to be cleared of faults before it will allow boost again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts