Peugeot Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Update,
I've just seen the price of the injectors and OMFG there's no way I can even afford 1!!!!
Is there any visual clues that they might be failing, any sort of multi meter yes? How much is a leak off test and what is that?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Sorry to post again but I've just been doing some googling and I might know which injector it could be (see picture below) on the thread / conversation I posted. A pipe had come off my air doser and had oil in it but this would make sense, it didn't have any oil in it! It was the injector pooling oil around it. The other 3 injectors don't look like this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I've just checked my fuel rail pressure on live data and on tick over it's at 29-30,000 Kia then I Rev it an it shoots up to around 50,000kpa

·
Registered
429 Posts
When my injectors were failing on my 2.0 HDi 90 I found that the same ones are fitted to the Ford Focus and I could get them on eBay for £156 each. A large saving on Peugeots price.
However, I brought a complete set from my local breakers for 100 Euros and that did the trick.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
The leak test basically measures how much fuel from each injector is bypassed/unused back to the fuel tank. It is the little pipe(rubber or plastic) on the head of each injector which are connected in series. Run the engine and remove each pipe, one at a time, and check how much each is bypassing. A graduated container is needed like a plastic see through one and a length of pipe. Hopefully all would be the same within a small difference but one that passes more would show that it is not spraying correctly.
The injectors them selves can be tight to get out and there are seals and a copper washer. Sometimes the seat where the injector fits in the head might need recutting if the new seals and washer dont fix it. But the basic check should not cost much if anything.

·
7,834 Posts
Those figures are quite low. If it is a faulty injector I would just get a second hand one due to age of vehicle or possibly recon.

You may get an indication of the failing unit looking at correction data in diagbox also worth checking requested and actual pressure difference.

If you can log fuel pressure on a cold start you need a minimum of 250 Bar (25000 kpa) for the ECU to fire injectors

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Please can someone tell me what this black round thing is just above the elec connector as it just spins and doesn't tighten? See picture. I think this is the turbo solenoid (taken from under the car, it's the lowest one just under the oil filter) checked pipes and all good.

·
7,834 Posts
Its just a filter/vent for the solenoid

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Thanks, I guess the solenoid above this one is the EGR? going back to the original title of this thread, is there a step by step procedure to block the EGR? something to do with a golf tee or screw, if so please could someone point me in the right direction. Too much hassle to get a blanking plate I think on this engine! I have problems with my EGR and want to eliminate it, I do have access to PP via another local user if required

·
7,834 Posts
See Post 2 that is the simplest way to block egr

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
EGR electro valve is on the front lower part of engine near starter motor it has a blue electrical connector. Disconnect and plug the the hose with the Y piece to the other valves on it (should be the one without the white ring)
Thanks for the reminder that we had already covered this!! what an idiot i am!!!
I'll unplug the blue elec connector and then there is 2 tubes? do i take off both or just the 1? there's no T piece though? I guess this needs to be done when the engine is cold?

·
7,834 Posts
Unless its remapped leave the blue plug connected as it will log a fault

You only need to remove the vacuum feed to the valve hich is the pipe that has the branches to feed the other valves and block it you can leave the feed to the valve connected

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

61 - 75 of 75 Posts