Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
It should cost you nothing to check the plugs, just need a test meter or even a bulb and crocodile clips. Why waste money only to find it is not necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
You put the earth to earth and the positive to the plug connector. Either at the plug or at the relay output.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok thanks for your guidance. it's alway good to have a meter anyway for basic testing it was only £7.99.
I'll post results

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Have just tested the battery and the glow plugs (without the keys in or switched on)

battery - 12.3v
glow plugs (from left to right) - 0.5, 0.6, 0.7 & 0.7 ohms

will a faulty glow plug relay make a difference to this? Or are they kaput?

cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh by the way I touched the negative on the battery and then on the tip of each glow plug where they are connected to the wiring loom

·
7,836 Posts
You need to disconnect the harness connection to the glow plug before the test or you will get a reading through all the plugs as they are linked together by the harness

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Is it the black connectors in the picture above marked in yellow arrows. Should I unclip them all or 1 by 1 then do the ohms test?

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
He means disconnect each plug at the plug and just read the plugs resistance as the numbers you have recorded is from the harness being in the loop.
My 1.4 has the plugs at the other side of the head so you are lucky they are at least seeable and should be fairly easy to remove but remember they can snap!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Awesome thank you so much. I took off the black connectors and there are 2 pins but not read them yet.
I've just seen whilst doing the right hand side one that there is a loose pipe, see picture marked in red, is it just pushed into that round thing? Surely it would need to be secured?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi,
There's is definitely no retaining clip! It just slid out so easily. I've gorilla taped it for now but I'll get a clip from somewhere,
Thanks

21 - 40 of 77 Posts