Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Offside h/brake cable has not been great since christmas, may have been the snow. I replaced the rear brakes recently so may have upset the cable a bit more. I have taken the centre console apart and have tried adjusting the handbrake, nearside cable is pulling ok but driver side is not pulling at all. I have looked behind the caliper and it does seem the holder for the h/brake is not as tight as the nearside. There is a nut on it and I have tighten it but there is still movement.

Any ideas....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, Ive bought 2 cables today so hopefully will get them on tomorrow. The little holder moving is making me think its not just the cable as there is no movement in the holder on the nearside.

I was told if replacing one side then to replace the other, do you agree....

J

·
0 Posts
I thought on the 307's the cables come in with some trunking around them.

kinda like a Y shape. The trunking on mine was chafed and was causing water ingress, which froze in the snow... hence the stuck brakes thread in December!

I think I saw the hand brake cable set for around 30 quid. I'll be replacing mine soon like. the whole lot.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
daffyduck said:
Yep, Ive bought 2 cables today so hopefully will get them on tomorrow. The little holder moving is making me think its not just the cable as there is no movement in the holder on the nearside.

I was told if replacing one side then to replace the other, do you agree....
yeah :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New cables on today and still not good. My braking is still uneven at the back. Ive had new disks, pads and h/brake cables replaced and still have the same problem that I started with...

Do I need a new caliper, cant think of anything else....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts