Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can u shed any lite on why my pug 307cc 53 plate keeps dying when i excelerate.. i get the reading on pp2000..(new to pp2000)...egr valve permanent fault..so i had the coil pack changed..sparkplugs changed..engine flushed..egr valve changed...still the same..been in 3 garages all to read the same as what ive read on pp2000...egr valve.....:confused:

·
12,141 Posts
Disconnect or blank off the EGR valve and see how things go then.

·
6,557 Posts
Have you tried running the car with MAF disconnected. A faulty/dirty MAF can cause similar symptoms and can some times give EGR errors as the air mass is misscalculated by the ECU

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried running the car with MAF disconnected. A faulty/dirty MAF can cause similar symptoms and can some times give EGR errors as the air mass is misscalculated by the ECU
no mate ive not tried anything...cos i know nothing on cars lol...thats why i end up with shit cars lol...can u guide me to maf and does mine have 1.... thank you

·
6,557 Posts
It will be in the intake trunking or on the end of the air filter housing. If you can tell me what engine you have i can try to find a picture

·
6,557 Posts
Sorry just checked no MAF on your car. It uses separate sensors on the manifold for Manifold Pressure (item 6 on Pic) and Air Temp (Item 10).

I would get someone to check the Manifold Pressure sensor these can block or the hole in the manifold can clog.

Other than that you need to get live data logged when driving to see if the throttle pot and other sensors are working correctly when you accelerate etc

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry just checked no MAF on your car. It uses separate sensors on the manifold for Manifold Pressure (item 6 on Pic) and Air Temp (Item 10).

I would get someone to check the Manifold Pressure sensor these can block or the hole in the manifold can clog.

Other than that you need to get live data logged when driving to see if the throttle pot and other sensors are working correctly when you accelerate etc

i belie also a live data when driving was done..... also no fault....to be honest with you it sounds like a kind of a back fire or cracking from underneath the car..ie exhaust..... :confused:

·
6,557 Posts
Do you know what the emissions are like and are there any rattles from the exhaust area as a blocked/collapsed CAT can cause similar symptoms

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
0nly when you excelarate from starting off...after that cars fine till again stopping for lights..ect,,ect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts